I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson folding hook keepers
Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2007 07:24PM

Anyone use the Batson folding keepers much? If so, do they seem to hold up well? I have used the Fuji's some with no issues, but they are not available in gold like the Batson's, and like all their other stuff, the Batson's are priced right.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson folding hook keepers
Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.hsd1.la.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2007 08:05PM

I've used many of them. I think they are equal to Fuji's but I've never used the gold ones.

Posted by: Tony Dowson (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date: March 19, 2007 02:44AM

I've been wanting to get some small size Fugi style keepers in gold and TiCH as well for lighter fly rods.

Does anyone know if the Batson models come in a small size like the Fugi's,or are they only available in a larger size?

Posted by: Robert Tignor (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2007 06:48AM

Tony , the wire hook keepers come in two sizes, but the folding hook keepers come in only one size

Robert

Posted by: Rich Handrick (---.gdrpwi.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 19, 2007 10:24PM

Here's a big thumbs up for the Batson folding hookkeepers - very nice, and priced the way they should be. To pay 3 bucks or whatever it is for the Fuji model is insane. The Batson is just as nice and much, much less expensive. They are going on all my rods now.

Posted by: eric zamora (69.106.187.---)
Date: March 20, 2007 02:14AM

the batsons come in one size. batson lists the length of the folding hookeeper at their site. is this measurement folded or extended? the fujis only extend halfway but the photo of the batson version seems fully opened up. anybody know if the batson is more inline with the smaller or bigger fuji? just curious.

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Tony Dowson (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date: March 20, 2007 03:37AM

From what I was told(although I can't remember exactly who it was that told me now,LOL),the Batson folding keepers are similar in size to the large size Fugi.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Posted by: eric zamora (69.106.187.---)
Date: March 20, 2007 04:01AM

i guess i could always contact batson huh? chuckling.... thanks tony. the price is very reasonable, and sane.

eric
fresno, ca.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster