I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: question on show numbers
Posted by: Chris Karp (---.netpenny.net)
Date: March 17, 2007 05:04PM

I think that offering the rodexpo.com choice designation next year will lessen my success by association. I might remind everyone my point, though somewhat obscure, was based on others opinions, and I just projected that seemily less than favorable outlook about the average site partron to one of a more favorable outlook, having indirectly helped the expo, now it seems even less help was rendered due to this dual site disclosure. If it is taken as an implication that a small fraction of money be put back into this site for whatever upgrades or matience, I'd say it might also be justified as it has proven (at least this year) that this site does help promote other ansilary endevors that produce better results, as measured in one form or another.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 17, 2007 06:34PM

HUH?????????????????????

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 17, 2007 08:20PM

Chris,

When you say "a small fraction of money be put back into this site," what money are you referring to? I already return 120% of the cost associated with this site back to this site. The magazine can only do so much for this site. It has its own bills to pay.

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: March 17, 2007 08:30PM

I'm at a loss as to why anyone would be concerned at all about money coming from or going into this web site or the IRBE. It's none of our business.

None of us pay membership to .org

This isn't a corporation...we aren't members...we don't own stock

There is no board of trustees

I only pray that Tom makes enough $$$ to keep his endeavors going. Who really cares about anything else?

Why are we talking about this?

Jay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2007 08:30PM by Jay Lancaster.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 18, 2007 12:28AM

Jay,

I agre with you 100%!! If I know Tom, this site aint going anywhere (meaning it will be here for a while) and neither is RodBuilder, or ICRBE. Which renders this discussion moot!! My opinion.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Shawn Moore (85.195.123.---)
Date: March 18, 2007 01:18PM

I had a thought on the original topic just now. Take the club that is starting false rumors about the attendance figures at Tom's show and look at their last seven national conclaves. Take the attendance from ALL of seven and add them up. All seven combined still wouldn't give them even half the attendance that Tom got in just this most recent Rod Expo!!!

You are talking about a group that had less than fifty rod builders at their national conclave in big town convention city Atlanta last year. Now give that some thought! And I'd bet that they did count a few guys twice LOL!

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 19, 2007 10:29AM

That's a very, very good point. As is so often true, the folks who want to criticize and badmouth everyone and everything else are usually the ones whose own endeavors are among the very poorest around.

I don't mind criticism when it's justified or valid - that's how I learn to provide an even better value for my customers each year. But I'm not too happy about having false numbers and unjustified comments spread about my event by a group that puts on perhaps the priciest yet smallest event in all of custom rod building. Yet they have the audacity to spread misinformation about my event. And they've done it every year since the first year. This is precisely why I no longer allow them to have booth space at what is arguably the largest and best rod building event in the world.

Posted by: Bill Napier (---.smart-dns.net)
Date: March 19, 2007 08:32PM

I confronted one of the guild officers about the false show numbers they're giving out. He did not apologize or make any excuses. I'd say that they know very well what they're doing and have no intention of giving out the correct information.

The above post stating that they only had fifty rod builders at their own National Event sort of explains a lot about why they are giving out false information about Tom's event. It is a shame that people in this wonderful hobby have to act like that.

The guild owes you nothing less than a public apology and I have communicated that to them. But I would not hold my breath.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2007 08:40PM by Bill Napier.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster