I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Guide spec database web site
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 04, 2007 07:02PM

I have put up a web site where builders can submit specifdications for guides as well as other components. It is rather sparse at the moment but won't take long to see if there is really any interest in it.
[www.wowway.com]

If enough builders submit data (it can be submitted on the site), it could prove to be a help to builders

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2007 07:03PM by Mike Barkley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guide spec database web site
Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: March 04, 2007 08:00PM

WOW - THANK YOU, Mr. Barkley !!!
-Cliff Hall.

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: March 04, 2007 08:05PM

Mike,, I knew you were a genious ! That is GREAT !!
Now,, Put a Spell Checker on here !

Date: March 04, 2007 08:07PM

It's only going to be useful if people submit info!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: eric zamora (---.ded.pacbell.net)
Date: March 04, 2007 08:59PM

accurate information...

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Fran Park (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2007 09:08PM

Hey, Mike:
Since you're retired, why don't you just order one of every guide made and gather the info and post it on your new website for us working guys. Thanks in advance.

Date: March 04, 2007 09:10PM

Fran,
Good idea! Send me your credit card number and a digital gram scale

Mike (Southgate, MI)

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 04, 2007 09:30PM

Thanks Mike!!
Need a scale myself!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: jim spooner (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 04, 2007 09:45PM

Mike,
I think you're providing a very valuable service to many of us. I wish someone had done this years ago.
I'll certainly "bookmark" your site for future reference. You're providing us a means to input data that will be useful to us all.
I think you're efforts are very much appreciated.

Date: March 04, 2007 10:09PM

That's retirement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)

Posted by: Dave Hauser (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 04, 2007 11:11PM

Only one of each guide? Should be an average of many. After all,,, Mike's retired, remember. That should keep him off the shuffleboard courts and out of the bingo parlors :-)

BTW Mike,,,, just sent you PacBay RB guide data. Pac Bay has most all of the info you want in their PDF file, except for the weights. Interesting enough I found that the published heights and ring id's were consistantly larger than the actual measurements. My dial caliper and digital both agreed to that.

Posted by: C. Royce Harrelson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 04, 2007 11:42PM

Kudos to you, Mike. BTW you don't really need a spell checker, as suggested, you only need to remember your computer's gender. Yes they do have a gender. All computers are male. There are no female computers. How do I know this?

#1 They are the most OBEDIENT things in the world. They only do what they are told.

#2 They deal in LOGIC and only LOGIC.

#3 Most important, they NEVER CHANGE THEIR MIND.

So talk to it as if it is your buddy, not your girlfriend.

Posted by: Dave Hauser (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 04, 2007 11:48PM

Royce,,,, I work with computers for a living. Let me assure you,,,, there are female computers out there too! In fact, they can be so difficult to understand that they have entire books dedicated to decyphering what they spew out (message and code books, which unfortunately also seem to be primarily female)

Date: March 05, 2007 12:01AM

You can bet your life that someone or something told them to. If you work with them, I'm sure you remember GARBAGE IN--GARBAGE OUT.

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: March 05, 2007 12:01AM

Mike didn't need the spell checker ,, I did ! But he took care of it . Told me to get a bigger fuse !
Dave,, I found the same problem you did. I thought the fancy digital caliper from Acid Rod was lying to me. I didn't find any that measured correctly. They were all a little big.

Date: March 05, 2007 12:18AM

Jay, my mistake, I thought you were refering to "sublit" on the guides page. Actually I only buy pencils that have erasers. They are more important than the lead for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster