I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Looking for bulk cork rings
Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2007 01:27PM

Anyone know of a good place to buy cork rings in bulk (by the 1000), at a decent price? Must be decent quality cork, but not looking for CG1 stuff either.

Thanks,
Marc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for bulk cork rings
Posted by: Art Parramoure (---.milwpc.com)
Date: March 02, 2007 03:42PM

C & D Trading

<*)))><

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2007 03:48PM

I'd shop with one of the sponsors here. They'll have just as good of cork, or better, than C&D and sell any quantity you desire.

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.sub-66-174-79.myvzw.com)
Date: March 02, 2007 03:55PM

Marc,
Like Tom I would urge you to spend your money with a sponsor of this board. Without the financial support of you guys, this board ceases to exist.

Anyone of my retail distributors can supply you with Bulk Cork rings of excellent quality at a great price.

Email me directly and I'll put you in touch with some folks who can help you.

Best Regards,

Andy Dear
Lamar Fishing
andy@lamarfishing.com

Posted by: mark crouse (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 02, 2007 04:24PM

Hi Marc
I got cork available in bulk, top grade ( extreme clean), or burl.
Mark Crouse
www.munichrodmansrodshop.com

Posted by: Marc Morrone (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2007 04:25PM

Thank you Tom and Andy. I actually only buy from our sponsors, and would encourage it to all. I'll get in touch with Andy on this.

Thanks again,
Marc

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: March 02, 2007 07:31PM

Angler's Workshop also carries a lot of cork.

Posted by: Rich Handrick (---.gdrpwi.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 02, 2007 11:56PM

I would steer you away from C&D trading. Number 1, they are not a board sponsor, Number 2, before I found Rodbuilding.org, I contacted him to inquire about purchasing cork - he was exceedingly unhelpfull. I'll only buy from board sponsors - no reason to go anywhere else, the best are right here.

Posted by: Rich Handrick (---.gdrpwi.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 02, 2007 11:56PM

I would steer you away from C&D trading. Number 1, they are not a board sponsor, Number 2, before I found Rodbuilding.org, I contacted him to inquire about purchasing cork - he was exceedingly unhelpfull. I'll only buy from board sponsors - no reason to go anywhere else, the best are right here.

Re: Looking for cork rings
Posted by: Edward Smith (---.afnoc.af.mil)
Date: April 28, 2015 11:06AM

Does anyone know which sponsor has a good selection of cork disks and relativity easy to order from? Good price, convenient to order and quality cork. I am not detracting from the other venders but some specialize in that item.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster