I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Struble U-3 Reel Seat from Mudhole
Posted by: Curtis Trompler (---.austinareaobgyn.com)
Date: February 26, 2007 03:27PM

I ordered this reel seat with a burl madrone spacer from Mudhole. It took about a month to finally get it. When it finally arrived, the spacer and hardware were all scratched up from the parts rubbing together during shipping. Also, there's a partial gap between the spacer and the uplocking section. I'm really disappointed with Struble and Mudhole. Of course, I am returning it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Struble U-3 Reel Seat from Mudhole
Posted by: Sam Stoner (---.dhcp.spbg.sc.charter.com)
Date: February 26, 2007 05:54PM

I'm sorry that you're dissatisfied and I understand the frustration of looking forward to receiving something only to be disappointed. I've used a number of Struble products and been fortunate to have always had good stuff. Mudhole is excellent to work with; I'm sure that when you contact them that they'll make it right.

Sam Stoner

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.233.204.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2007 06:36PM

Hi Chris,

Thank you for notifying us of your recent order problem. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know.

Your order was placed on 2/6/07 and the reel seat shipped to you on 2/22/07 (16 days not a month but we understand the anticipation waiting for a package to arrive). We are sorry to here the reel seat was scratched from rubbing during shipping. We have spoken to the person(s) who packed and fulfilled your order and have taken steps to be sure this does not happen again. Regarding the poor fit, in general Struble produces a very good reel seat with tight tolerances and high quality construction. Struble is known for having one of the best fly reel seats on the market, we are sorry to here you are disappointed in their product but we can understand why if it does not fit together well.

As with any item purchased from Mud Hole, you are welcome to return the reel seat for a full refund or we would be happy to exchange it for a new one. Please call us toll free at 1-866-790-RODS to receive an RMA number. Because you were inconvenienced, we would like to extend you a 10 percent off coupon for you next order should you provide us the opportunity to serve you again. Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: Brian Clark (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: February 26, 2007 07:31PM

Curtis

I don't feel that this forum is the place to "vent" and make public personal issues with a vendor. This should be a private issue between you and the vendor in seeking resolution to your discontent.

Posted by: eric zamora (216.101.134.---)
Date: February 26, 2007 08:24PM

i tend to agree with brian. it's something that probably should have been addressed with mudhole privately. anyone not familiar with either company would probably come away with a negative feeling towards struble and mudhole if the initial post was the only thing read and not the followup from mudhole. hopefully everything's recified for you in the end curtis. i can understand the frustration.

i've never dealt with mudhole but struble has earned praise from me in quality workmanship and personal correspondence.

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Curtis Trompler (---.dsl.austtx.swbell.net)
Date: February 26, 2007 08:34PM

I appreciate the comments. My intention was not just to vent, but to pass on information about a poor experience with a certain product purchased from a certain vendor. With all due respect to Brian, I think that this is an appropriate place to provide feedback on rodbuilding products and vendors. To be fair to Mudhole, it was probably Struble that packed all the loose parts in a baggie where they could rub together. Also, it didn't take a month for the order to arrive. It arrived today, which comes out to 20 days, which still seems like a long wait to me...

Posted by: Hunter Armstrong (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2007 11:20PM

Actually, this is a good forum to vent problems you may have with a vendor. However, mistakes are made by everyone in every walk of life. This first step should have been to give Mud Hole the opportunity to rectify the situation. Customer service is easy when everything goes right. It is the mark of "great" customer service when they address a problem promptly and correct it. I have ordered from Mud Hole numerous times and never had a bad experience. They have always been very anxious to see that I was satisfied. Curtis should have given them the opportunity to correct the problem. If it was not resolved to his satisfaction, then a vent would have been appropriate, IMHO. Now, when the problem is resolved, as it seems likely, a post of acknowledgement from Curtis would, also, be right and proper. Just my two cents.
Tight lines,
Hunter

From ghoulies and ghosties,
and long leggedy beasties,
and things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord deliver us!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 27, 2007 12:18AM

It would be a common courtesy to discuss any problem with a vendor/order with the company involved rather than take it public without giving them the benefit of responding first. Mudhole is known for their service and more than fair treatment. Any one can have a problem and should be given a fair opportunity to resolve it.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: eric zamora (---.dsl.frsn02.pacbell.net)
Date: February 27, 2007 02:16AM

actually, we cannot dictate whether this is a forum to vent or relate negative feedback about vendors, especially if it's a one time occurance. much as i would personally like to hear reviews, especially negative, this site does not belong to us. it belongs to tom kirkman. we've been down the "this forum consists of its readers and so they have equal input on how it's run" philosophy before and despite the rationale, if i recall correctly that argument doesn't fly here (and i agree with it). it's not an isue of censure exactly. it's one of the reasons this site has such a helpful and courteous community backed by vendors who must prove themselves in a professional manner.

if someone has a problem with an order from one of the sponsors of this site, common courtesy should be to bring it up with them first. privately, directly, not even in aost to them at this site since there is no guarantee they read this forum on a regular basis (i would much rather know they are handling their clients than reading internet forums on a cosistent basis even though it's very comforting to have representatives drop in and contribute at times). if it's something which smacks of dishonesty, tom should be privately informed. he has said he would investigate such occurances and the sponsor would be dropped as a vendor listed here at this site if shady business practices are discovered.

to me, this sounds like either struble or mudhole improperly packaged the components for delivery. i might be reading too much into this but it sounds like someone at mudhole may not have taken extra care in packaging the stuff from what mudhole wrote. either way, i do not think it falls in the dishonesty realm. it sounds like mudhole is offering you a discount in an attempt to rectify the problem. it's very inconvenient to have to return something but it happens every so often.

sorry, i don't mean to speak for tom or to act as the RB.org mediator. if i've spoken out of place, please let me know. but as someone who enjoys this site and the community here, i just had to add my take on the situation.

personally, i would LOVE a venue where we could vent our problems, a watchdog for transactions, but that can open a huge can of worms, so to speak ;-)

eric
fresno, ca.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2007 02:17AM by eric zamora.

Posted by: Art Parramoure (---.milwpc.com)
Date: February 27, 2007 05:03AM

Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

See above ~

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: February 27, 2007 11:36AM

I've had wonderful service from Mudhole. They will make it right. Stuff happens.

Chuck

Posted by: Curtis Trompler (---.austinareaobgyn.com)
Date: March 05, 2007 04:29PM

As suggested, I am wrapping this up with how the vendors resolved the problem. Mudhole accepted my return and refunded my money.

However, I went to Angler's Workshop and Hook & Hackle to get the supplies I needed to finish this project. I was very pleased with their service, prices, and shipping.

Finally, I emailed Struble over the weekend. They responded with a nice apology and even offered to send me the reel seat for free. That's great customer service!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster