I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Do you think this wheel will work
Posted by: Ed Sandifer (---.hlrn.qwest.net)
Date: February 25, 2007 08:51PM

on a home made wrapper? It has no bearing, but otherwise looks good.

[www.acroname.com]

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think this wheel will work
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 25, 2007 08:56PM

Bearings aren't a necessity. The wheels on the Renzett Master Rod Lathe don't have bearings in them. They are nylon or delrin of some sort and simply turn on the smooth shoulder of a chrome plated screw. We don't turn rods that fast or under so much pressure than a bearing is absolutely necessary.

Depending on the material the wheel is made from, you may be able to run it dry or you may have to add just a touch of powdered graphite.

Posted by: larry basilio (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2007 08:59PM

YES

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2007 11:04PM

Ed Should work fine I use wheels tat are Plastic Skate wheel conveyor parts and they work great As tom said not much RPM and no pressure. I also have all Alum wheels rolling on Stainless bolts

Posted by: Henry Engle (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2007 05:59AM

i dont know if this will put damper on things but the center hole on those wheels is very small. As I recall the Futaba servos have a very small shaft also one other thing i recall the shaft is shaped like a gear and so is the inside of the hole so when mounted creates an interference fit. You might want to see if there are specs available for the Futaba servos that could tell you the diameter of the shaft that in turn wil tell you the size of that center hole.

I would think putting a small bushing inside would be better than just running on the plastic since this wheel wasnt really ment to run freely on a shaft.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2007 06:01AM by Henry Engle.

Posted by: David Rogers (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: February 26, 2007 09:57AM

I think you will have problems without modifications to the wheel. First, the hole in the middle is toothed to interlock with the splined shaft coming out of the servo. Second, the hole in the end of the gear (where the attachment screw goes) is much smaller in diameter than the side that goes towards the servo which would necessitate you drilling it out. For $4 I would think there are much better alternatives.

Just my 2¢

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster