I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Help needed, if you attended the Rod Show
Posted by: Rich Matranga (---.hlm.ses-americom.net)
Date: February 24, 2007 05:02PM

For those of you who were at the Rod Expo I need your help please. I won one of Billy's books (the name tag contest ) and I left it on one of the tables near Batsons booth on Sunday around 4PM . The inside of the back page, which is blank, has an inscription written on it from Billy. I'm sure some one picked it up by mistake, since there was so many books sold. I would be more then happy to pay a reward and shipping to get the book back to me. I could buy another another one but this one has personal meaning to me.

Thank you very much.

Rich Matranga

PS: I'm out of the county but I'll try and check my e-mail every few days ([email protected]).

Rich Matranga
Folsom, California

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help needed, if you attended the Rod Show
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 24, 2007 05:43PM

I have it and just addressed it to you this morning. It will be on the way to you as of Monday.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 24, 2007 06:18PM

I'm dying to know what the inscription was!!! I thought Jerry Griffin won the "name tag' contest.

Mike

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: February 24, 2007 06:21PM

Just gotta love the honesty of the rod building crowd!

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: larry basilio (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 24, 2007 06:35PM

There are good pepole in rod building .I agree with Randy

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 24, 2007 06:52PM

It was a tie.They both were good.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Hunter Armstrong (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: February 24, 2007 06:57PM

Putter wrote:

Just gotta love the honesty of the rod building crowd!

Dishonesty is all about taking short-cuts. If we wanted to take short-cuts, we wouldn't be building our own rods!:)
Tight lines,
Hunter

From ghoulies and ghosties,
and long leggedy beasties,
and things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord deliver us!

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 24, 2007 07:07PM

RIch, Tom had it with him at teh front desk while you were looking for it. About 11 seconds after you left, I saw it sitting there and Tom said he was going to take care of it.

Date: February 24, 2007 07:19PM

Thanks for the honest response Fred.

Mike

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Date: February 24, 2007 09:05PM

Tom,

Thank you very much! I was sure all I had to do was post my lost on RBO and I would get the book back. I never met such fine, upstanding people in all my life. I guess it says a lot about the type of people who have a passion for building rods. I never thought that when I took up rod building I would meet so many fine and honorable people, as well as make so many new friends here and from around the world. Just think what this world would be like if all the world leaders had the morale values of rod builds.

Thanks again Tom, I really appreciate you mailing it back to me. I have more to say but I am being charged my the minute to use the computer since I'm on vacation, so I'll finish this when I get back home this next weekend.

Rich

PS: Michael, sorry I can't tell you what Billy wrote, I lost the book before I could read it! I was very busy meeting everyone and buying stuff.

Rich Matranga
Folsom, California

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 24, 2007 09:34PM

I can tell you what he wrote, it says, "Dear Rich, Please give this book to Sammy MIckel when you see him. He really needs it"

Date: February 25, 2007 10:18AM

Good one!

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 25, 2007 12:28PM

I whole heartedly agree with the statements about the honesty of Rod Builders, and I'm sure the vendors at the show were extremely appreciative of it. I was thinking to myself while parusing all the booth's of how easy it would be for a less than honest person to walk out with anything they wanted. The attendants were so busy, there's no way they could watch everyone. That alone speaks highly of every Rod Builder that was there.

Bill in WV

Date: February 26, 2007 05:53PM

Tom,
I'm not sure who Sammy is, but I think we better tell him he needs to win his own book! lol. Actually I'm not sure if I'm really a winner, since I paid almost as much on my name tag as the cost of the book!

When I get back home I'll send you a check for the postage. Thanks again for mailing it it back to me.

Rich Matranga
Folsom, California

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster