I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

THANKS to all the sponsors/vendors/instructors
Posted by: Pete Kornegay (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: February 18, 2007 09:14PM

I want to thank the sponsors & vendors & seminar instructors who made The Show a huge success. By about 2 pm today, they were all looking a bit shell shocked but after dealing with all of 'us' for 2 straight days, that's understandable. Undoubtedly, it is a tremendous undertaking to come to a show like this. Of course, I'm considerably lighter in the wallet because of their effort!

To all who could not attend, it was a great event. The facility was really classy and the seminars were outstanding.

The fire alarm going off in the hotel last night at around midnight added a bit of excitment but hey, stuff happens! The High Point FD arrived in less than 4 minutes and quickly fixed a faulty smoke alarm. The best part was making all of those new friends in the hallway....all standing around in their pajamas!

And finally, thanks to Tom for your tireless efforts- this was my third year and the show gets better every year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: THANKS to all the sponsors/vendors/instructors
Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 18, 2007 09:55PM

Pete,

I just got home myself. You really did an excellant job commending all that went into this fabulous Show. I think Tom was in continuous motion. I think him going solo, added much more responsiblity to putting this together versus Charlotte. I just hope he reaps rewards form the 2007 show.

I know there was a thread about give aways at the show. Thanks to Putter for not showing up this year! I think Tom realized that since Putter was not going to make the trip, he would throw in the free beer for the reception Saturday night. Putter will never know what was said about him since he didn't make this year. And thank's to Tom the whole show was again a wonderful experience! Thanks to Billy Pink Shoes, for leaving his snow behind. He informed me that his plane did not get frozen to the runway. Maybe next year he can convience all the NERBS to wear pink shoes!

For those who have been to the ICRBC in Carlotte in previous shows, High Point in 2007 was better than all the rest by a long shot!

Ed Smith
Flat Rock, NC

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: February 18, 2007 10:20PM

Ed, I suppose you drank all my share of the beer, too, didn't ya???

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 19, 2007 12:01AM

The show was awesome!

The venders were awesome!

Meeting people that I spend time talking/writing with on this site was awesome!

The pictures that are posted and seen on this site don't do justice to the actual work that I got to see at the show. Some of it is almost beyond belief!

The support manufacturers like Batson Enterprises brought to the show was so far and above the status quo of standard business practices, they were awesome!

The info that Mark Crouse put out in his seminar on thread weaving and thread art was incredible! In fact all the seminars I went to were awesome!

And the new facility was pretty awesome also!
We even had full time security staff in the parking lot all day so we could load our goodies in the truck and come back in for more with out worries. It was nice not having to tote things around all day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2007 09:02AM by Steve Gardner.

Date: February 19, 2007 09:14AM

Putter,

No, I did not drink your share of the beer! I think between Mike Barkley, Mark Griffin, Bill & Karry Batson plus others, your share was most appreciated. Just next year, don't let Tom know that you are coming. You would not want to spoil the party-Would you. As a consellation prize people would not talk about you and say all sorts of things about you.

Ed

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 19, 2007 10:54AM

Ed, you may have kept seeing me with a beer in hand or in line for another, but I was just getting them for Mike, Bill & Karry. I'm a giver...

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Date: February 19, 2007 10:05PM

Mark,

At least Putter knows where his beer went!

Great to talk to you again. As I told you, I was pleased and surprised to see you . I just can't say enough good things about my experience with @#$%&.

Ed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster