I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

How's the Weather in High Point?
Posted by: Rich Matranga (---.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net)
Date: February 02, 2007 03:18AM

Tom,

I heard on the news that both Carolina's were being hit by snow, sleet, ice storms and a deep freeze. I got the impression this was unusual and it was causing problems, especially with transporation.

Hopefully all of this will have settled down by the time the show starts, but I was wondering if you could provide us some idea what we might expect weather wise in HP in 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Rich Matranga
Folsom, California

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How's the Weather in High Point?
Posted by: Dave Lester (---.mad.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 02, 2007 06:37AM

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 02, 2007 09:31AM

Unusual? Not at all. We experience more than a few ice and snow storms each year - they're very common here. We're used to it and the cities do a good job of snow removal. On some occasions if the ice gets bad enough it will start to bring down power lines and tress which can cause a few days inconvenience. Each year I cross my fingers that such a thing won't happen during the show dates.

There's no way to tell what the weather is going to be in 2 weeks. We'll just have to get a little closer so that a better forecast can be made for the period during which the show takes place.

We're so used to this sort of thing that even the worst storms are usually dealt with pretty well in 24 to 48 hours.

Date: February 03, 2007 07:39AM

Thanks for clearing that up. I've been monitoring the High Point weather, but recently I saw on the news photos of ice storms in in the Carolinas. They made it sound like it was a rare occurrence. Since the only traveling we will be doing will be by shuttle or taxi, I won't have to worry about driving on ice. Thanks again and we are looking forward to attending the show, meeting everyone and seeing the "high points" of High Point.

Rich Matranga
Folsom, California

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 03, 2007 08:54AM

I had to laugh, but not at you. North Carolina is more than a little famous for "ice storms." We get snows in the 10" to 15" range and they cause no real problem. But you put just a half inch of ice on the trees and power lines and watch what happens. Ice storms are far worse than any snow storm, but a fact of life in North Carolina.

It happens, but we've been lucky the past few years that it hasn't happened on the weekend of the show.

Date: February 04, 2007 05:16AM

Like I said we never get any major ice out here. We live about 70 miles from South Lake Tahoe and we go up there quite offen, crossing the 7,400 ft summit. It is not uncommon for Tahoe and the high Sierras mountain range to have snow 10-15+ ft high each winter (except this winter, there was no storms during the month of Jan. breaking the record set in 1888) . This is no problem but when there is black ice on the road, there's nothing you can do but hold on and wait to see where you end up as you slide and spin in your car. I can only imagine what it would be like to have thick ice covering not only the roads, but trees, power lines and everything else outside. Seems like it would shut the city , road ways and airports down until it melts. Bottom line, I can't wait to visit High Point! I know the show rooms will be nice and warm. I even heard the NERBs will be serving hot totties.

Rich Matranga
Folsom, California

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster