I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ThreadMaster Lite.....and other stuff
Posted by: Andy Dear (---.sub-66-174-93.myvzw.com)
Date: January 31, 2007 06:30PM

Evenin' folks,
I have been recieving numerous inquiries regarding the availability ThreadMaster Lite. Just wanted to let you all know that the tentative release date is sometime in Mid-March. The batches we have tested show absolutely no loss of the properties everyone seems to like in the High Build. Additionally it does have an extra few minutes of potlife than the original for those of you who like that sort of thing. Anyway, Mid March is what were shooting for.

Next week will see the release of 2 new products:

1. ULTIMATE GEL ,
A structural Epoxy Gel for mounting reelseats, grips etc....we designed this for the most demanding applications such as OffShore Trolling, Surf etc...however it works great for any grip/reelseat application. Incredible gap filling properties, and requires no clamping to keep parts aligned.

2. ULTIMATE GEL-5,
A 5 Minute Epoxy Gel for mounting Tip-Tops, Butt Caps etc....A tremendous product I have been wanting for a long time, and now we've got it. It's a TRUE 5 minute in a gap filling gel, so any tiny discrepencies in tip-top fit are eliminated, because it won't run out of the joint like more viscous types.

Also in March we will have what I believe to be one of the neatest epoxies to be released on the market. ULTIMATE GEL-15.
A 15 minute epoxy Gel for mounting cork grips, foam grips, reelseats, arbors, gluing cork rings etc.....gone are the days of waiting several hours to turn a cork grip...or to start wrapping a rod. Parts can be cleaned, prepped and mounted with this product and will be permanently adhered in as little as 15 minutes. Couple that with the fast cure cycle of ThreadMaster and a rod can actually be corked, wrapped and finished w/o the long wait periods of longer curing resins. Grips and reelseats can be bonded in 15 minutes, and guides can be tack free in less than 4 hours.

We have also finalized the details of our new Cork Pit Filler. A n industrial grade filler that we have custom blended to match the color of cork. This should be available in April. I know many of you have inquired about this, and we just couldn't get the color match right....until yesterday. I should have a bunch of 1oz. samples of the pit filler in High Point, so stop by the booth....first come, first serve.

Speaking of High Point, we'll have the usual "Trash Can Specials" with over 2000 discontinued AllStar's, Shikari's as well as special purchase import blanks.

Best Regards,

Andy Dear
Lamar Fishing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2007 08:36PM by Moderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ThreadMaster Lite.....and other stuff
Posted by: Noel Spann (12.39.180.---)
Date: January 31, 2007 07:11PM

Congrats Andy on your new products!!
I have been away from rodbuilding for a little while now while fishing bass tournaments, but am getting back into it this winter again and sure would like to be able to pick up a bunch of those blanks....but I cant make it to the "big" show.......oh well. Congrats again Andy!!
Later,
Noel

Posted by: Eric Sjo (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: January 31, 2007 09:28PM

Andy
I cant wait for this stuff to come out. I really like Threadmaster, the first go round with it was a struggle, it was all the fault of the guy putting the stuff on the rod. (he can be so dense sometimes) Now its going on great.
I sure do like Rod Bond, but don't like to wait for it to cure, I may have to switch brands.
Keep up the good work.

Eric Sjo

Posted by: jon edwards (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 31, 2007 09:46PM

cant wait till march to try out the threadmaster! Def. going to have to get some of that 15 min epoxy also

Posted by: Doug Moore (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 31, 2007 09:49PM

Great news Andy! I plan on giving them a try once they hit the suppliers.

It's been awhile, but weren't you working on a product for painting rods?

Regards......Doug@
TCRds

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: January 31, 2007 09:55PM

Andy,

Those new epoxys sound GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DR

Posted by: Ralph D. Jones (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 01, 2007 12:16AM

I like ThreadMaster, the best so far. I'm waiting impatiently for ThreadMaster Lite. Andy, is there any chance of a two hour, two part Ultimate Gel? Ralph

If at first you don't succeed, go fishing, then try, try again.

Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.cnrfe.navy.mil)
Date: February 01, 2007 08:42AM

Look forward to trying some of this stuff when it comes out. Thought it would be tough to beat RodBond as the stuff is stronger than snot, but then again I thought the same thing about LS Supreme when I used to use it, but just gave my last batch away to a friend as his Christmas present.

Shot you an E-mail. It's amazing how you get anything done.

Phil

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.sub-66-174-93.myvzw.com)
Date: February 01, 2007 10:24AM

Ralph,
The standard Ultimate Gel is pretty much unmoveable in about 2-3 hours, and you could certainly start wrapping and finishing a rod bonded with UG even after about an hour or so. But I wouldn't reccomend going out and catching a 200lb Shark until it cures at least 24 hours. Compared to the other paste/gels on the market, it is a little thicker and stickier, but it mixes a little easier, and has a better initial tack.
Honestly I think the UG-15 is really going to be well recieved. It's a very unique product that will really cut the build time in half. We already have several OEM's very interested in it, because of the tremendous speed with which they can produce rods with it. and it is extremely strong stuff.

Andy Dear
Lamar Fishing

Posted by: Todd Theodore (---.eos.net)
Date: February 01, 2007 09:37PM

Looking forward to all of these great products Andy. Keep up the good work.
Todd

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster