I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Who's Going?grrrrrr!
Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 04:01PM

Mike,I was going to ask what the answer was(where`s Geraldo?) at the show,Can you enlighten us now??

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2007 04:04PM by Fred Yarmolowicz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who's Going?
Posted by: Joe Hepp (---.44.109.22.res-cmts.nbh.ptd.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 04:22PM

Not really a "regular" poster and doubt many would recognize my name on a name tag, but I'll be there!

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 04:57PM

Now i`m gonna look for ya!!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: jim ellis (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 05:11PM

Got room and will drive from the great state of Minnesota. Loved it last year. I don't post often but will be there.
Jim Ellis

Posted by: Roger Rierson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 05:15PM

Hi everyone. I am a new poster though i have been a member for a few months. I have read a lot of good info from well experienced rod builders on this forum and will continue to read as much as possible. I will be in High Point to gain more info and hopefully to meet some members from this forum. I hope this show will help me decide if rod building is for me when i retire. Since i live a hop, skip, and jump from High Point, (Greensboro) i am planning to be there when the doors open and close each day. I know all the seminars are well informative, but will some be better for a beginner?

Roger
Greensboro, NC

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 05:50PM

I'll be there.
Live close enough that I don't need a hotel room

Posted by: Pete Kornegay (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 08:07PM

This will be my 3rd. I booked my room nearly the day they became available. If there are any "doubters" out there, rest assured that the knowledge you'll gain and the friends you'll make will more than pay for the trip.

I encourage everyone to wear name tags and write your name and home state in BIG letters so everyone won't have to squint.

I also encourage everyone to meet on Friday & Saturday nights in the "fellowship arena" of the Radisson for the purpose of free exchange of ideas and partaking of tongue-loosening beverages!

Pete Kornegay
Camden, NC

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 08:15PM

Pete,

Isn't that where the seminars are this year LOL!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Jerry Griffin (---.san.res.rr.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 08:26PM

Another attendee from So Cal. This will be my first and I'm really looking forward to it.

Billy, I already have your book so just vote for me & you won't have to pay up lol.

Michael Joyce, sorry to hear your might not make it - I was looking forward to meeting you and picking your brain a little

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 08:43PM

Roger,
Your e-mail is hidden so I couldn't e-mail you. You might want to catch one of Jim Upton's morning seminars and then just pick some that interest you. Don't underestimate the vast amount of info/knowledge that you can pick up from meeting and talking to other builders and vendors on the show floor and refreshment areas. The NERB's booth is a "must visit" Lot of talent/knowledge there and they love to share. If you're a Rodmaker magazine subscriber, don't miss the awesome RM reception on Saturday.. Great place to meet and get to know other builders

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.dyn.embarqhsd.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 09:57PM

I'd like to point out that the "Big Show" is for all folks interested in rodbuilding, from those who have never built a rod but have interest, to the experienced builder.

I can't think of a better way for a new builder to learn than this event. It has so very much for everyone. Nothing like it anywhere.

Stan

Posted by: Shawn Moore (85.195.119.---)
Date: January 06, 2007 10:11PM

I'll be there for the third year running. It's a L-O-N-G drive for me and the wife but worth every mile of the trip. Nothing else like this anywhere for rod builders. Too good to miss.

Posted by: Scott Ryan (67.166.73.---)
Date: January 07, 2007 12:24AM

Hey Billy

In that picture am I to assume you are the one on the left?

LOL Just teasin I wish I could attend but I will be back in Kandahar when the festivities take place, maybe I can make next years

Regards

Scott Ryan

Posted by: Dave Gilberg (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 07, 2007 02:39AM

I'll be there. Went to the first two and had to miss last year's show. I wait all year for this event and 2007 is gonna be the best yet.

***I HAVE A ROOM AT THE RADISSON RESERVED FROM THURSDAY - MONDAY. LOOKING FOR A ROOMMATE TO SHARE. EMAIL ME IF INTERESTED EVEN FOR JUST FRIDAY - MONDAY. ****

Roger, I went to the first show after stumbling upon Rodbuilding.org a few months earlier. I had no real experience and had only read Tom's Guide to Rod-Building. I learned so much at the Big Show and had such fun meeting other builders I knew I had found something that would keep my interest for the long haul. These shows are ideal for any level of builder. The seminars are superb and the chance to see and touch all the supplies is amazing.

Looking forward to seeing my many rod building buddies from the Forum and making many new friends.

I had hoped Ray Adams was going to be able to make it and he was to be my roommate. Unfortunately he won't be attending this year. Sorry about that, Ray. I miss you already!

Dave

customrodbuilder@hotmail.com

Posted by: Tim Runion (---.an3.dca16.da.uu.net)
Date: January 07, 2007 07:14AM

I"ll be there along with a buddy. Looking forward to putting faces with the names I've been seeing on the board.

Posted by: Joe Kassuba (---.dhcp.knwk.wa.charter.com)
Date: January 07, 2007 11:29AM

Cannot be there this year. I will miss meeting and greeting so many rod builders and suppliers. This gathering is uniquly wonderful for so many reasons.
Hope the dates work out next year.

Posted by: Thomas Hartman (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 07, 2007 11:42AM

I will be going.
There is such a wealth of knowledge available that I want to take advantage of any and all that I can.

Tom Hartman

Posted by: Scott Hovanec (71.61.26.---)
Date: January 07, 2007 11:11PM

Wy wife and I will be there. I reserved my room about a month ago.

Posted by: Charles Horan (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 08, 2007 08:10PM

Thanks to my dear wife, I have been ORDERED to go and am booked out of Ontario airport (Ontario, California, that is) on Friday to return monday!
I'll be staying at the Radisson. (It's funny--you'd almost think she wanted to get RID of me or something!! Wonder why she's gone on a crash diet and is getting her hair fixed and---oh, well, probably just a coincidence, huh guys?)

ONLY KIDDING, Deb!

Can't wait to see youj all.

Chuck Horan

Posted by: Jim Quiett (69.136.175.---)
Date: January 09, 2007 09:28PM

My wife and I will be driving from southern Indiana, arriving Thursday evening.
She will furniture shopping while I attend the show.
I made my reservation at the Radisson in September shortly after learning about the Expo.

I'm like a lot of new members, I learn a lot from reading the posts and it has really helped me on the 2 rods I've built so far. Look forward to learning a lot more about the craft and improving the quality of the rods I build.

Jim Quiett

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster