I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Who's Going?
Posted by: Ed Sabatini (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 05, 2007 10:30PM

I know Tom said that not many of the show attendees are from the regular user list of this site, but out of curiousity how many of you are planning to attend the BIG show next month? I won't be working this year and plan to fly out and spend a little money.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who's Going?
Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: January 05, 2007 10:35PM

I'm going, already got the room reserved!

DR

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 05, 2007 10:37PM

I'll be there!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Clyde Thomas (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 05, 2007 10:42PM

I'm looking forward to meeting some of the folks who contribute so much to this site by offering their ideas and experience. Room is booked, couple of $$ set aside for goodies, truck is gassed and so am I.

Clyde

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.dyn.embarqhsd.net)
Date: January 05, 2007 10:54PM

Wouldn't miss it for anything - this will be my 4th. My wife will accompany me for spending supervision.

Stan

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dial.mhtc.net)
Date: January 05, 2007 11:06PM

I'll be there and hope to put a face to the names. Mark

Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.tx-dallas0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: January 05, 2007 11:06PM

I'll be there with a brother or two and my nephew or two. Hope to meet many.

Posted by: R.Michael Healey (---.dslextreme.com)
Date: January 05, 2007 11:23PM

My wife and I will be tarveling from So. Calif. Looking forward to meeting those who freely share their vast knowledge.

Posted by: Keith Lovegrove (---.lyncva.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 05, 2007 11:26PM

I will be their new builder primary goal is to gain knowledge through seminars.

Keith

Posted by: Rich Matranga (---.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 05:40AM

I'll be there and already made my name tag. I wired it with little LED lights. Booked the flights and made hotels reservations many, many months ago. I m bringing the little woman and all I had to do was promise her a cruise down to Aruba the day after the show. I can't wait to try some of the rods I plan on buying off the back of the cruise ship or at least in the swimming pools.

Maybe we can have a name tag contest? I recommend Billy as name tag chairman.

Rich Matranga
Folsom, California

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 06:30AM

OK RIch, you wanna play games, lol. I really want to post some %#^# and some more $&%^'s at your little name tag contest judging..but instead I'mm roll with it and have some fun.

On Sunday between 12:30-1PM, right after Mike Barkley's DEmonstration, tere will bea NAme Tag judging contest at teh NERBs booth. TEh winner will recieve a copy of my book. Now keep in mind that I'm going to enter my own contest becasue I'm too cheap to give something away, so I'm goign to have a fancy name tag myself - so bring your A Game. Rich, you called out teh wrong person....here's what happened when my Office decided to let us wear costumes on Halloween: [www.rodbuilding.org]

Ed - Tom's comment was 100% accurate. I'd guess that tehre will be at least n excess of 1,000 people attending the show. On this message board, I would say there are about 250 regular posters (more than 1 post per week). TEHre are probably another 250 who post enough that you recognize their names. Even if every one of them went, only 50% would make up the attendees at teh show.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 06:51AM

I`ll be there if it dont snow(at home) like it did for the 2nd show,work commitments a beat when it comes to that.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 08:25AM

Yes, hotel booked . Preparing seminar notes. Anyone who wishes to have something addressed directly during the seminar I'm giving please reply 'off board'

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 09:56AM

I'll be there and maybe my son. He wants to strat building his own rods now that he is out of college. I've already told him the best start is Jim Upton's talk at 09:00 Sat. morning. I want to learn how to do weaves.

Ed Smith
Flat Rock, NC

Re: Who's Going?grrrrrr!
Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 10:24AM

Unfortunately its doubtfull due to a new job and already being scheduled for that friday and monday. Bruce Wetzel, please email me your address so that I can mail you the Madeira you won in the "where's Geraldo" contest.

Hate to miss it.

Posted by: Chris Karp (---.netpenny.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 11:57AM

I won't be in attendance. I have the time I just can't mustar the 700/1400 mi round trip gas money, I can sleep in my van and stay with two different relitives on the way down and comming back. Thats the catch-22 if I had a job, I'd have no time and really not alot of excess money. I have the time, but would spend any extra money I don't really have to blow on just gas to get there and back. I'm one of the cheap on site mugs who won't make it down, but certainly wish I could. Next year I have a distinct plan 16, 23, 28, 35, 47, 59 the lottery..no I don't waste cash there, but thats about what it would take to financially see things clear. I don't get gifts of airline tickets to the show and I'm not retired which leaves some money for such things and the time to pull it off, Send me a post card

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 01:19PM

Mr. Carp - address please via email -

Gotcha Covered -

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Swamp Boyz

Posted by: Dan Hogan (---.direcpc.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 02:24PM

I am going. Have all tickets and hotel. I want tro meet as many Forum List members as I can.

Dan Hogan

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 03:53PM

Probably find most in the Radisson Bar Fri, Sat and Sun night LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 03:59PM

I just got off the phone with Mr. Jesse Buky. He will be at High Point, with a smile on his face, to thank all those who sent him well wishes during his long stay in the hospital. Jesse was severely injured in a one car crash returning home after last years show and is really lucky to still be with us. I will bet you that he will tell you to be careful and drive safely on your way home.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster