I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

dream reamers
Posted by: Chris Means (---.unknwn.ab.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: January 04, 2007 07:39PM

Who's got'm? I did a search looking for a link but got squat.

Let's fish,
Chris

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dream reamers
Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: January 04, 2007 07:43PM

fishsticks4u on the left side of this page

DR

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: January 04, 2007 07:43PM

double

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2007 07:43PM by Duane Richards (DR).

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: January 04, 2007 07:46PM

I got mine from Bob Mc at Custom Tackle. All I can say is WOW! I have done 8-9 sets of grips in the two weeks since they arrived and they are SO NICE to have. These should have been invented before the wheel! LOL

Date: January 04, 2007 07:55PM

Outstanding! Thanks

Let's fish,
Chris

Posted by: Jim Catrona (---.pitbpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 04, 2007 08:24PM

Just received the set from Fish Sticks. These buggers should work great!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 04, 2007 08:54PM

They're extremely well built!!!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Skip Kerwin (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: January 04, 2007 09:05PM

I bought a couple grit coated reamers a while back (not sure of the brand) but they were too big in diameter for the lighter blanks that I build on so I made my own. Here's how:

I bought a few rod tip sections from my local components store ($2.50 each) and a bag of 30-60 grit "Black Diamond" sand blasting grit ($6.95 for 50 lbs, the smallest bag available) from the local Northern Tools store. I mixed up a batch of "2-ton" epoxy ($2.49 at Ace hardware) and made 5 different sized reamers, one at a time by mixing a small batch of this fast setting epoxy, coating a rod, rolling it in the grit, making sure to completely and uniformly coat the rod. After the coating step, I rolled the coated rods on a hard surface to make sure the girt was firmly pressed into the epoxy. Next day I had a selection of very effective reamers for everything from ultralight spinning blanks to heavy weight Musky rods. I do not put handles on the butt ends of the reamers since it is sometimes necessary to pull it all the way through the handle / bushing to change the taper of the hole.

Again, I have nothing but good things to say about the sponsors I have purchased from but I just enjoy making my own stuff when I can.

Skip

Posted by: mark crouse (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 04, 2007 09:10PM

Hi Chris
I have 3 Kit's left.
www.munichrodmansrodshop.com
or on the left the sponsors " the rod shop"
Best Regards Mark Crouse

Posted by: Allen Madsen (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: January 04, 2007 09:13PM

Chris there are a few sponsers on the left that carry them Bob Mc had the best price at the time I bought mine

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 04, 2007 10:24PM

Skip,Only problem with the Black beauty grit is that when pieces dislodge and get caught in the grip you will scratch the blank while fitting the grip.The reamers use a sticky back sand paper that tends not to loose grit.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: dennis lamberg (---.ded.ameritech.net)
Date: January 04, 2007 11:16PM

Chris:
Look at Netcraft 2007 catalog page #61 top right. I don't know if these are the same reamers that you want. Set of four with universal handle is $78.95 and individuals are available for $24.95. They look great to me!!
Den

Posted by: Tommy Berrier (---.aoo.pa.atlanticbb.net)
Date: January 04, 2007 11:58PM

Got mine from Fishsticks4u, arrived today and they are very very nice.

Tommy Berrier

Date: January 05, 2007 03:45AM

I talked with Robert (man I sure hope that's his name, I'm bad with those) at fishsticks4u. He was a pleasure to talk to. I will definetely be making more purchases from him in the future.
Thanks fishstick,

Let's fish,
Chris

Posted by: Karry Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: January 05, 2007 12:48PM

Skip do yourself a favor and buy the Dream Reamer, chuck it up to your cordless drill (NO MORE BLISTERS)!!! As a matter a fact everyone buy this tool and finally at a price we all can afford, even your wife can ream cork now!!!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 05, 2007 05:16PM

Karry,
I admit I was skeptical (being a tightwad) with the price and ordered one. I will be ordering the others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are everything you claim and more!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster