I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

surf guides
Posted by: Mike Vereckey (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: January 02, 2007 08:02PM

anyone got any experience with the fugi low riders-- LCSG Surf Guides? Im building an Allstar 1509- 13 ft surf rod and would appreciate input on what guides you would use. Want to use the best.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: surf guides
Posted by: Donald Becker (---.lava.net)
Date: January 03, 2007 01:43AM

Hi Jose,

I'm sure others will chime in with better advise, but if you will be using mono, I would use Fuji Alconite guides. BMNAG toward the handle and BLNAG toward the tip. As I understand it (and I could be wrong), the LCSG guides are for use with braid.

So, are you building it for spinning or casting and mono or braid?

Don

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 03, 2007 10:48AM

The low riders will work with mono, but you won't really be getting any additional benefit from them over the regular Alconites that Don has mentioned.

Posted by: Mike Vereckey (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: January 03, 2007 04:39PM

building it casting and for mono use................... thanks

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 03, 2007 05:44PM

You might want to take a look at the RodMaker article on building surf rods - Volume 7 #1.

Posted by: Russ Pollack (---.client.stsn.net)
Date: January 03, 2007 11:40PM

Alconites will be fine. Low-riders are good if spaced properly.

We like the "S"-style frames (double-foot, double brace) The lighter versions of these keep the weight down and flex sufficiently to handle the actions of longer surf rods.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Posted by: Christopher Tan (---.mystarhub.com.sg)
Date: January 04, 2007 01:03AM

One qn about the LCSG..

i wanted to use these guides on my redone surf rod and was told about the footprint of the lowriders.. was told if the rod flexes alot, it would not be adviseable to use them as the guide would have to bend more than the other types like MNSG..

it seemed logical at the point but is there any truth to it?..

anyone else has any other opinions as there are some japanese rods out there that uses the guides and flexes alot more than the one i redid

-
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day..
Teach a man to fish, he'll be broke!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster