I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Andy Dear where are you??
Posted by: Andy Kelpsa (---.firstmidwest.com)
Date: December 12, 2006 05:09PM

Andy Dear Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> Andy, Your mandrel is en-route as we speak,
> somewhere between me and you
>
>
>
>
> Andy

Darn - I guess you did not get the message to add the 3/8 and the 1/2" mandrels to the order.

Whenever you get a chance - Thanks !

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.cnrfe.navy.mil)
Date: December 12, 2006 05:50PM

Andy,

As far as the shopping cart deal... maybe more people would use it than you think. I was looking for a way on your site to order the burl cork rings to try... would have definitely used it.

Maybe I'm special cause I'm so far away. I've hung up on your machine a couple times, mainly because I figure if everyone who called left a message you would have no space left on your machine, and because I'm in Japan and the time difference involved I don't expect a call back. Your pretty decent at returning my E-mails though.

Tight lines,
Phil

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.sub-66-174-93.myvzw.com)
Date: December 12, 2006 05:53PM

Phil.....You're special alright!

Andy

Posted by: Steve Broadwell (71.30.126.---)
Date: December 12, 2006 06:12PM

Question, though - do you use Rod Bond or Titebond to glue the hair back? Inquiring minds want to know (plus, I'm starting to get a little thin on top. Was thinking about just flocking my head, but your idea might be better!)

Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: December 12, 2006 06:12PM

Andy-

I haven't called and haven't emailed in the past few days. And...as has become awfully typical in the rodbuilding industry lately, no response. This situation simply must be rectified immediately. When it comes right down to it, what I would really appreciate is more proactive customer service on your part. By which-- I mean a daily call to me, followed by a detailed presentation of the benefits and detriments of each of your products. An email summary (although it must be written by hand, stock descriptions won't do) about the products, fishing in your area, your life, and the status of the political system in your area is always a nice touch. While you're at it, please offer me a 90% discount just for being a good customer. If I don't get this level of service from you, I am afraid I am going to have to take my business elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Scott Kinney
The Longest Cast Fly Rods
[www.thelongestcast.com]

Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: December 12, 2006 07:02PM

Andy,
Keep a list and charge only the complainers the extra 40% to cover the shopping cart cost so those of us who don't get to use the cart and still get good prices. Sounds good to me...LOL.

Billy,
You'll have to indulge a bit in High Point next year regarding the Renzetti incident. Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Posted by: shawn storey (---.satx.res.rr.com)
Date: December 12, 2006 07:33PM

stopped by andy's shop last night (ya i'm lucky he's only 45 minutes away) and damn you wanna talk about customer service. not only did he have everything i needed but he straightened me out on alot of things i was unsure about and even took the time to teach me a few things to make my life easier and make my rods look better. dude's got a customer for life now or atleast as long as i build rods.

by the way andy what was that guys name who did those beautiful wraps you showed me last night? i wanna pester him about some of those. oh and your right about the design i had in my head for this rod it would end up being entirely too much so i'm taking out the diamond wrap in the split grip

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: December 12, 2006 07:46PM

Best thread I've read in a while! ....you guys CRACK me up!

Billy.....put a little permaloss over it once you get it tacked on and you'll be set for life! LOL

Andy.....Girls in bikini's!!! NOW YOU'RE TALKIN! :)

DR

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.sub-66-174-93.myvzw.com)
Date: December 12, 2006 08:01PM

Billy Vivona....the same dude about 8 posts up who wanted everyone to call me and hang up. That's the guy who did the blue/green wrap you liked so much.

Andy Dear
Lamar Fishing

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.dyn.embarqhsd.net)
Date: December 12, 2006 08:59PM

Just come to the 2007 Expo and buy everything you think you need for the next year, and 10% more for a buffer.

Andy has an ad in the latest RMM (page 34) that you cut out and bring to the 2007 Expo for a 10% discount on purchases over $100.00.

Stan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2006 10:03PM by Stan Gregory.

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 12, 2006 09:46PM

I thought Emily ran the show and Andy just took orders from her! Billy you better look out, all we need is Andy fireing his thrash can blanks in a crossbow at you and teh "nerds". At least you might escape with the hair on your chin and blanks in your backsides.

Ed Smith

Posted by: John Campbell (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: December 13, 2006 02:29AM

I think some of those calls you had to get up for while typing your message were from me Andy. You are quite right, I chose not to leave another message. Enjoy your holiday. cheers John

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster