I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

pcstitch
Posted by: Doug Blacklock (---.fpcusa.com)
Date: December 07, 2006 06:08PM

what is pcstitch and where do you get it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pcstitch
Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: December 07, 2006 06:17PM

It's a cross stitch program for making patterns. It also works very well for making weaving patterns. You can find it at www.pcstitch.com .

Posted by: Scott Youschak (72.242.111.---)
Date: December 07, 2006 06:36PM

what version do you guys like. Is the PRO version overkill???

Posted by: Scott Rosen (---.z150-88-67.customer.algx.net)
Date: December 07, 2006 07:08PM

Jim: I thought it was only used for weaving patters. What else do you use it for?

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: December 07, 2006 07:44PM

The program was actually developed for making patterns for doing embroidery on cloth. I first heard about it from Jim a couple or three years ago. I still have PCStitch 6 which is an old program but still works great. It similar to working with a paint program on your computer. You scan a picture and import it to PCStitch. The picture will import over a grid. Every line going across the pattern will be your pattern threads and the columns going from top to bottom will be the background thread. You can pick and choose the colors you want in your pattern. I normally make my patterns 5 squares to an inch and then print the pattern out in three or four sheets which I trim and paste together to make a large pattern. The one thing that I really like is that I can work on coloring a pattern and if not finished, I can save it to finish later. I had a few problems in the beginning but Jim Upton helped me and now it is a breeze to make patterns with it.

Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: December 07, 2006 07:45PM

I've got version 7 which is fine but I think the Pro version has a few more bells and whistles. I'm sure Jim can elaborate a bit more on it than I can.

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: December 07, 2006 08:07PM

Yes, Pro is now the best version. When it first came out it limited the points in the fonts so I wasn't happy with it but an up date took care of that. It's much easier to build a pattern with and will let you put in and change background colors without having any effect on the pattern.

You can try it by going to their web site and downloading the trial version.

Posted by: Dennis Dunne (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 08, 2006 12:01AM

There are quite a few of different versions on @#$%& now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster