I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rice Thread!
Posted by: sanford hochman (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 01:03PM

Does anyone know where I can buy Rice Thread? Thanks,Sanford Hochman

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rice Thread!
Posted by: Skipp Hughes (---.lkwnny.adelphia.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 01:10PM

[www.ahrice.com]

Hope this helps

I have also seen it on @#$%&

Posted by: sanford hochman (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 01:16PM

Thanks Skipp,
I was hoping it was sold by one of the rod building vendors.

Posted by: ALTON BENTLEY (---.bragg.army.mil)
Date: December 05, 2006 01:21PM

sanford

ck out mudhole from the left column!

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 05, 2006 01:39PM

It was my assumption that Rice has removed themselves from the custom rod building thread business as of a few months ago. I am not 100% sure, however.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 05, 2006 01:45PM

Fish stix 4 U....close out sale.

Posted by: Shawn Moore (85.195.123.---)
Date: December 05, 2006 02:03PM

Sorry to hear that. With Gudebrod pretty much disappeared from custom rod building I had started to use some Rice thread and really liked it.

Posted by: Ken Driedger (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 03:44PM

**cyber-ears going 'perk'**...........Shawn, can you expound on your statement that Gudebrod's leaving the rod building thread niche? Or do you mean it's falling out of favour with builders, who are switching to another brand, reducing Gude's market share, so they are pulling the pin???

Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 05, 2006 04:29PM

I sure hope that isnt true. Especially since Gudebrod just brought back B size thread. Guess I better stock up on the B stuff. I didnt every have a clue Gudebrod was leaving. Maybe I need to come out of the cave more often.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2006 06:20PM

Mike;
were abouts in Sanford are you getting rice thread?

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 05, 2006 07:25PM

Steve, right next to the CVS....(humor)

looks like Fish Sticks must be out as the close out special they've been running for almost a year is no longer on their close out page, sorry.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.233.204.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2006 07:50PM

We were told Rice is getting out of the business of supplying thread to rod builders. Mud Hole has alot Rice thread remaining, check out:
[shop.mudhole.com]

Gudebrod is NOT getting out of the rod building thread business. But we did hear they will be dropping some of the less popular colors and or spool sizes in a few lines. We would call this a consolidation on their product line. Gudebrod has added MANY new items in recent years and this consolidation is needed to reign in some of the loose ends.
[shop.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: larry basilio (---.phlapa.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 09:42PM

Happy to hear that Gudebrod is not dropping out of the rod building thread buisiness. I like there thread.

Posted by: Michael Blomme (---.243.2.68.Dial1.Seattle1.Level3.net)
Date: December 06, 2006 12:43AM

Good evening all,

Is there any thread companies that will make a custom color for you. If Gudebrod is going to reduce their offerings, I am afraid the classic two-tone twist thread which I use extensively could be on the list. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike Blomme

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 06, 2006 09:45AM

Gudebrod has introduced many new rod building products in the past year, but sadly they have done a very poor job of letting the rod builders know about them.

I doubt any thread company will do custom colors unless you are willing to purchase in a pretty large quantity. I suppose it won't not hurt to ask, however. Just be aware of what would be involved to do a custom color and much it would cost them to do such a thing. Buy a few dozen spools isn't likely to make things come out on their end.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster