I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

anodized/painted rings
Posted by: Fabrice MARTAIN (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: November 16, 2006 07:24AM

hello happy rod builders !

I'm about to start my fourth, fifth and sixth rods, a 6' med, 6'6" heavy and 7' mag trilogy.
I wish to add on each rear grip (near the cap) a colored ring, from 1/6" to 1/4" width.
aluminum anodized or painted ones, I don't know if this kind of rings/spacers already exist as rod building supplies, or if I'll have to look for them elsewhere, has anybody already looked for these ?
here's a link to a picture that shows what I want :
[www.sakura-fishing.com]

thank you all, and have a nice day !

Fabrice MARTAIN

Versailles, France.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: anodized/painted rings
Posted by: Anthony Lee (---.cache.maxonline.com.sg)
Date: November 16, 2006 09:10AM

Fabrice,

Those are not rings but weights. These are very popular in Japan and out here in Asia. I posted a photo such weight balancers recently.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

If you also notice that most of my rods posted here have these balancers. They are from Matagi. They come indefferent colors.

Anthony Lee

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: November 16, 2006 09:18AM

Anthony - I have seen the weights that you show in the pictures and they look interesting. Any Idea where in the US I can get them? Mark

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: November 16, 2006 09:30AM

I've got a few extra skinnier Fuji rings in Red & Gold which you can see in the picture: [www.rodbuilding.org]

Date: November 16, 2006 09:41AM

Mark, you can buy them from Merrick Tackle.

Billy, these components from Fuji are identical to those from Matagi. Fuji actually started such components but they were all titanium only. Matagi follwowed up with aluminum version and somehow, both now share the same aluminum range. One major difference is in the weight balancers.

Anthony Lee

Date: November 16, 2006 09:45AM

Billy, I'm really interrested in your rings, gold and red, do you know where I could buy them ?
thanks Anthony for the info, quite interresting too, are they available in different colors or only chrome ?

Fabrice MARTAIN

Versailles, France.

Date: November 16, 2006 09:56AM

Fabrice, they are in silver, gold, red, and blue. The butt holder comes in either black or clear raisin. You can go to Matagi's website, believe it's

www.Matagi.co.jp

If you want trimming rings, they come in so many different shapes, sizes and color and for different part of the handle and reel seats. Billy's photo shows some of these components from Fuji. Infact they are similar to those of Matagi.

Anthony Lee

Date: November 16, 2006 10:02AM

Waooooooooo, that's exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much Anthony !

another fast and pertinent answer on this wonderful board, how could I learn without you guys ?

Fabrice MARTAIN

Versailles, France.

Posted by: Peter Maltby (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 16, 2006 09:32PM

Fabrice, we can get you anything you want from Matagi through Merrick, if you don't have a wholesale account.

Give us a call, on our US or London phone # 860-656-6904, or 02070784004. We are located in the US but have a London number for our international customers.

E-mail is pmaltby@ackfishing.com

Pete
ACK Fishing & Tackle
[www.ackfishing.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster