I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Green Reel Seat?
Posted by: Malcolm Ganderton (---.wfd87a.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: November 06, 2006 01:12PM

Hi Guy’s
I picked up a new Sage Z-Axis 6# blank while I was over in Vancouver last month and am going to make it up for light saltwater work. I am going to fit it out with Recoil titanium single foot guides and I’m now looking for a reel seat. I really like the Abel anodized seats, and in particular the “Dorado” artistic anodized version, but not sure if I can wait 5 weeks for Abel to do their thing, or indeed if a smaller diameter seat would be better.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a green reel seat similar in colour to those used on Loomis rods?

Regards

Malcolm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green Reel Seat?
Posted by: Jason Alvarado (---.ccz-ncr.navy.mil)
Date: November 06, 2006 01:40PM

Are you talking about maybe a AMTAK Matrix?

Posted by: Malcolm Ganderton (---.wfd87a.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: November 06, 2006 02:01PM

Hi Jason
No. I'm looking for an all-metal saltwater seat, either aluminum or titanium.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: November 06, 2006 02:32PM

Pac Bay has a Rainforest Green aluminum reelseat.

Posted by: Bob Turpen (---.153.8.169.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: November 06, 2006 03:33PM

Aftco makes an attractive green one that I put on a Seeker live bait rod. They also come in silver, black, black & gold, gold, ice blue, purple, red and gray. The green I used was to go along with the green, gold and purple thread work. I call it my Mardi Gras rod.

Bob Turpen
Dawsonville, GA

Life is to short to fish with Ugly rods.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2006 03:38PM

Look at the REC reel seats with the Impregnated Emerald wood, it might work for you.

Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 01:58AM

FlyLogic makes some green seats...or used to. I have a bunch of their old stuff that I can't use on my own rods (for obvious reasons).

I have one that might interest you, drop me a line if that sounds like something you'd like.

Scott Kinney
The Longest Cast Fly Rods
[www.thelongestcast.com]

Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 01:58AM

They're green-black marbled, FYI.

Scott Kinney
The Longest Cast Fly Rods
[www.thelongestcast.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: November 07, 2006 10:05AM

Or... powder coat one of your choosing. Details are in the current issue of RodMaker.

Posted by: Patrick W. Heintz (---.aurorahealthcare.org)
Date: November 07, 2006 05:55PM

Ditto the marbled green Fly Logic seat Scott mentioned. I have the blue/black marbled version, and it is off the charts cool looking, and seems very well made. Also, Batson makes a green woven graphite insert for many seats that I think would be suitable for the salt, and they are a sponsor of this site.

Posted by: Peter Maltby (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 08, 2006 10:18PM

CUI makes a pretty nice looking Green reel seat [www.cuiproducts.com] Scroll to the bottom, and as Spencer mentioned the Rainforest Fly reel seats are a nice choice also. They are all aluminum and a couple of them have ID's of .425 and .455. Prices are pretty good on these also.

Pete
ACK Fishing

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: November 08, 2006 10:57PM

Looking at this post again, Angler's Workshop may have some of the corral pattern Abels around. I've seen some of the custom Abels there before.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster