I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Looking for All Star Blank Specs
Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: October 28, 2006 12:12PM

Good morning all,

I just got my hands on about fifteen different models of All Star IM6 & Titanium blanks still in the original packaging. Unfortunately, I can't find any specs left online anywhere!

The decals on the packaging & butts list model #’s which I know are length & power, but I was hoping to find these actually spec’d out in line weight somewhere.

Any suggestions?

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for All Star Blank Specs
Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: October 28, 2006 12:32PM

Mark, List the model numbers. I have an old Allstar catalog that may have the specs listed for those blanks.
Cheers, Ellis

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.onsemi.com)
Date: October 28, 2006 12:35PM

I've had good luck on AllStar, G Loomis, Lamiglas in correlating the blank numbers to the specific blanks. They usually carry enough info in length, power and letter designation at the end for me to get it right. I think the Titaniums are probably the Platinums now. I think I may have a full Allstar catalog on the computer at home I could send you.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2006 12:39PM

AST783C, TW Special, 6’6, 1/8-3/8, 6-12, Fast, Light
AST843P, Popping, 7’, 1/8-3/8, 6-12, Moderate, Light
AST844P, Popping, 7’, 1/8-5/8, 8-15, Mod-Fast, Med-Lt
AST845P, Popping, 7’, 1/4-5/8, 8-17, Mod-Fast, Medium
AST782S, Spinning, 6’6, 1/16-3/8, 4-10, Mod-Fast, Ex-Light
AST783MS, Mag Spin, 6’6, 1/8-3/8, 6-12, Fast, Light
AST843S, Spinning, 7’, 1/8-3/8, 6-12, Moderate, Light
AST844S, Spinning, 7’, 1/8-5/8, 8-15, Mod-Fast, Med-Lt
AST845S-2, Spinning, 7’, 1/4-5/8, 8-17, Mod-Fast, Medium
AST845S, Spinning, 7’, 1/4-5/8, 8-17, Mod-Fast, Medium
AST905MS, Mag Spin, 7’6, 1/4-5/8, 8-17, Fast, Medium

This is the Titanium list I have - maybe someone else will have the other list.

Date: October 28, 2006 12:45PM

I didn't mean to put you guys through all that work! I though maybe there was a page left up on the internet somewhere that would have the info.

Jim, that is very helpful, thank you for taking the time.

Spencer, if that's something easily forwarded, I'd REALLY appreciate it! My customers tend to look for line & lure weights rather than "power" which is all i'm getting from the model #'s.

Ellis, here's what I have. Don't take the time to write it all out for me. Maybe someone knows of a page still posted before you go to all that trouble.

BESH1141-2
BESH1143-2
BESH1203-2
BESP1087-2
B785C-2-IM10
B786C-2-IM10
B845P-2-IM10X
BAST783MS-2
BAST845S-2
BE783S-2
BE1202NS-2
BAST845CT-3
BAST843CT-3
BAST903ST-3

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2006 12:48PM by Mark Griffin.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2006 01:09PM

I also have these two ...

> B785C-2-IM10 (1/4-5/8, 8-17)
> B786C-2-IM10 (1/4-3/4, 10-20)

Date: October 28, 2006 01:22PM

The BESH steelhead blanks can be pulled off the Rainshadow site, they used to build the blank for them many years ago. They were line rated/power rated the same back then. The BAST 783-2MS was a two piece top water blank if I remember right 6 to 12 lb. The BAST845-2S was a moderate fast spinnerbait spinning blank. 8 - 17 lb.

Posted by: Jerry Poindexter (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: October 28, 2006 01:26PM

Try this link, Mark.

[www.rodbuildersupplies.com]

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 28, 2006 01:45PM

How much for the BESP1087-2? lol......btw, your decal paper is great stuff, thanks.

Date: October 28, 2006 02:11PM

BINGO!

You guys are the best! I now have exactly what I need. I spent hours looking for those specs last night.

Mr. Joyce, if I gave you the price here, I'm afraid I'd start a stampede. I was blown away looking at those retails VS what I paid. I honestly didn't want these because of the warranty situation (I guess Shakespeare replaces these with THEIR blanks?), but they were part of a package deal that were in the way of the Pac Bay 11&12wt. Titanium's and Amtak Matrix blanks that I was after in the first place. This wasn't a "pick & choose" kind of deal. I had to take the entire lot of blanks that these were a part of. Now I'm wishing there were more of them! The most I got of any one All Star number was 4pcs.

Tell ya what I'll do... Give me a day or two to actually make them available for sale online. I'll make a page accessible to RBO readers ONLY with all this stuff and give you all the first shot at it. I had planned to start @#$%& these off over the Winter on the dreaded @#$%& site, but it looks like I could move off a pile of these pretty quick with what I can sell them for. I have to put a pencil to the shipping, but it looks like I can probably offer a $150 - $190 blank for about $45 shipped Priority mail and that's on the high end of the spectrum.

Stay tuned; I'll post a link to the page as soon as I can.

Thanks again for all the help!!

By the way Miichael, I came across that paper quite by accident locally. It's made just a couple of miles from our shop. Works great for me...

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Date: October 28, 2006 03:28PM

Mark,
Mudhole's 2003 catalog is still on the web just add /2003catalog to the address. All Star is like 32 pages down I think.

Posted by: Lynn Leary (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 28, 2006 11:58PM

Hi All,

I have an old All-Star Catalog from when they were a sponsor in PDF format. E-mail me and I'll send it to anyone that wants it.

Lynn
Santa Rosa, Ca

Uh, Mark
Posted by: Shawn Moore (85.195.123.---)
Date: October 29, 2006 06:37PM

Shakespeare stopped selling rod blanks several years ago. They do not warranty the All Star blanks with anything. I know because I tried to return an All Star about 7 or 8 months back and they told me that the All Star blanks are no longer warrantied even though I originally bought it back when All Star was officially in the custom rod building blank business. I was out of luck although they offered to sell me an All Star finished rod for about one half price.

You may better check on that warranty stuff, I don't think there would be any warranty on your blanks at this point. Still a good deal though.

Posted by: Sharon Johnson (---.res.logixcom.net)
Date: October 30, 2006 10:27AM

Shawn is correct. This is no longer a warranty on All Star blanks.

Regards,

Sharon Johnson
All Star Graphite Rods

Posted by: Owen McLean (---.dhcp.hckr.nc.charter.com)
Date: October 30, 2006 08:44PM

This will get you directly to the Mudhole catalog page:

[www.mudhole.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster