I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Serf Rods
Posted by: Chris Karp (---.netpenny.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 10:04AM

I have been HEARING alot lately about these "Serf Rods" even articals in magazines go into detail about there construction, Well I for one, in this day and age, would have thought we were well past this sort of class stratification and don't condone an obviously derisive undertaking soley designed to keep the lesser amoung us down.
Thats is all I have to say on this subject. E.L.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Serf Rods
Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.ferc.gov)
Date: October 26, 2006 10:10AM

Right on, it is disturbing. Whether serf or landed gentry, a guy ought to be able to fish with whatever rod he wants to use. Let's storm High Point and overthrow the king.

Date: October 26, 2006 10:47AM

Its bad enough Serfs have to remit tallage just to fish but then limited to less than the best equipment is disheartening to say the least. The Ivory tower at High point should be stormed for emitting that sort of edict. E.L.

Posted by: Derek McMaster (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 09:28PM

Cool.....I am not the only closet comedian on this board.

Here's your sigh!

Derek L. McMaster
Rohnert Park, CA

Born to Fish, FORCED to Work

Date: October 27, 2006 11:05AM

On occasion there is pun I can let pass by. I think my last one was lower down this page, on the spiral wrap direction post, and before that a topic I posted "Its been a Long time crossing bridge guide of sighs" For you comedians the E.L. was there for a reason but no one enquired. Some one was supposed to point out the fact that I was in error and that Surf Rods was the correct and suitable topic for discourse, AT which time I would then respond with "Oh never mind" Emily Letella~E.L. what is somewhat perplexing is as there are few comedians here; either sit-down, stand-up, or lay-down ya'd think I could rely on a straight man to chime in on cue.

Posted by: Ralph D. Jones (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 27, 2006 01:41PM

My wife says that I have a "pun"ishing sense of humor. I decided to let "well enough" alone as it was deep enough already. Ralph

If at first you don't succeed, go fishing, then try, try again.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2006 06:36PM

YEP!!
I had to get my waders on!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Date: October 28, 2006 09:22AM

Feel lucky Ray, around my spiel , it usually takes waders atop a tall step ladder

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 28, 2006 10:48AM

LMAO!!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster