I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

university of montana grizzlies-thread color
Posted by: Carrington Tate (---.wellsfargo.com)
Date: October 09, 2006 01:43PM

Afternoon,

Building a flyrod for a friend who is a graduate of the Univ. of MT. He wants maroon guide wraps with silver trim. Does anyone know a good match for the maroon color? I bought gudebrod maroon in the nylon and it looks more purple than maroon. Thanks for any help.

Carrington Tate
Durango, CO

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: university of montana grizzlies-thread color
Posted by: Stan Grace (69.146.228.---)
Date: October 09, 2006 02:03PM

You might want to try garnet without CP and see what it looks like to you. I've used it with silver and had comments asking if it was an attempt to match the Grizzz! colors.

Stan Grace
Helena, MT
"Our best is none too good"

Date: October 09, 2006 04:07PM

Thanks for the tip Stan, appreciate the help.

Carrington

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 09, 2006 04:16PM

You might also look at the Madeira color chart. Check out @#$%&. I believe they have the color chart. You can use the Madeira poyneon thread to do guide wraps also.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: October 09, 2006 04:17PM

I agree, I just finished a rod today with Gudebrod NCP garnet and HT Metallic Pearl - I don't use CP and it looks very maroon and silver.

Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (216.166.138.---)
Date: October 09, 2006 06:26PM

The official UM colors are maroon, silver and gold. I agree with the other comments about garnet without CP. But, i haven't seen the Madiera colors.

Date: October 09, 2006 07:50PM

I've seen maroon, silver and occasionally some white in Grizzly uniforms but never gold. The Montana State University Bobcats use blue and gold.

Poooor grizzlies! GO CATS !!!!!

Stan Grace
Helena, MT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2006 10:17AM by Stan Grace.

Date: October 10, 2006 09:43AM

A friend told me that the maroon thread without CP also is a fair match for the U of MT colors.

Stan Grace
Helena, MT

Date: October 10, 2006 09:56AM

Thanks guys,

Tried the Maroon without color preserver and it still seems very purple. i will try the garnet. Thanks for all the help.
By the way Stan, this rod will have a cedar handle and reel seat. Thanks!

Carrington

Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.mt.access.transaria.net)
Date: October 10, 2006 11:24AM

Here's the link to the U of M website. You will have to scroll down some. Actually, I was incorrect about the official colors, they are copper, silver and gold.

[www.umt.edu]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2006 11:25AM by Gerry Rhoades.

Date: October 10, 2006 11:56AM

Gerry,
I stand corrected. All I could find was a logo and flag that didn't display the gold. I imagine that is because of the prominent use of gold by the Bobcats. The copper color used by the Grizzlies however is better matched by maroon or garnet thread. Copper colored wrapping thread doesn't even come close to matching the uniform colors.
Stan

Pooooor Grizzzlies!

Stan Grace
Helena, MT

Date: October 10, 2006 12:47PM

Gerry,

Way to search that out, impressive!

Stan,

My buddy is turning Grizzly maroon in the face at your posts! Must be a good rivalry!

Carrington

Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.mt.access.transaria.net)
Date: October 10, 2006 04:03PM

It's funny how things change. I attended the U of M for two years during which time they won one foootball game and that was against the U of British Columbia. I belonged to a group called the Cams and Dregs. We attended the games with plumbers helpers and rolls of toilet paper and cheered for the Griz until the other team scored their first TD, then we cheered for other team, unless it was those mangy Bobcats!

"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane." Jimmy Buffet

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster