I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Matagi ??
Posted by: Scott Greenberg (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2006 12:41PM

Matagi is renowned for pure quality and style in custom rod components! Merrick Tackle, the exclusive US distributor will have Matagi components displayed at our dealer show scheduled for Oct. 18, 2006.

Come see the large display of many very unique, and beautifully made Matagi components, that when used will make your rod far superior than any of your competitors. The Japanese have surpassed us in rod decoration-- handles, seats and all kinds of winding checks, balanced butts-- definitely a unique approach to custom rod building!

This is just one of many interesting imports that Merrick will be showcasing.
Call Merrick at 800-628-8904 & RSVP for a really fun day!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Matagi ??
Posted by: Henry Engle (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2006 10:42PM

Was just wondering, can anyone come to the show?

I am in the process of ordering matagi parts. Whats the difference if I ordered straight from matagi? I see ordering information for US customers right on their site.

As oposed to ordering from lets say a 3rd party that can get what ever I want from merrick. I mean hey this stuff now has touched 3 hands before it gets to me Wont the markup be much more than ordering directly?

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: October 04, 2006 07:44AM

Probably not. Because at the first point of sale between Merrick and Matagi, the price will be far lower than what Matagi will sell it to you for. Buying direct doesn't usually save you any money, unless you can buy at the same volume and price that a company like Merrick does, which I assume you cannot.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: October 04, 2006 10:16AM

Tom, depending on the exchange rate, you can get stuff cheaper in Japan than in the US, especially if you get Japanese Wholesale prices. The major cost is paying the bank transfer, Paypal, or conversion fees, plus shipping.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: October 04, 2006 10:36AM

You may be correct - I didn't consider the exchange rate when buying from foreign countries. I was speaking about buying direct in general.

I'd still add up all the related fees and see where that left me.

Posted by: Anthony Lee (---.cache.maxonline.com.sg)
Date: October 04, 2006 10:48PM

Matagi is excellent in decorative rod components. I have used their products for the last 3 years and they keep on getting better and better. Most of my bass and light jigging rods are built with their components. I import directly from Matagi and had to place my first order to the tune of about USD 5K. Then you can get better discount subsequently.

Anthony Lee

Posted by: Henry Engle (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 04, 2006 11:05PM

5K? Im building 3 rods LOL. Was that the minimum?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster