I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Brother P-Line labelers
Posted by: Bruce Wetzel (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: September 28, 2006 07:19AM

Are these any good for making rod labels/decals?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brother P-Line labelers
Posted by: Michael Sledden (---.fsepg.com)
Date: September 28, 2006 09:24AM

The thing I do not like with them is the decal is thick and has a tendency to peel up from the blank if it has a small diameter. I didn't have too much of a problem using them on larger diameter blanks though. Once I went to Decal Connection for my decals, don't think I will change back to anything else.

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: September 28, 2006 09:54AM

I have had the same problem with the smaller rods but the lamination seems to separate on mine. The lower portion is intact but the upper cover comes loose when the epoxy is applied. On the larger diam it seems to hold together better. Mark

Date: September 28, 2006 11:02AM

Thanks for the input. I was curious because my hand writing stinks, and while Decal Connection is great for my signature, I can't see using them every time someone want's something personal on a rod. I guess I could order some waterslide paper, or clear adhesive paper and give that a go. I'm alot better writing on something flat vice a curved blank.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 28, 2006 11:12AM

Bruce,

I use Decal Connection for evert rod I build. While I get my logo's by the sheet (much cheaper ) I get a customer spec rod with custom made for------ with the rod specs below in metallic gold or silver in the font & combination that I want for less than $5 and have it in 2 or 3 days from the time I e-mail them with my order. IMO, it adds a classy personal touch to any rod!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2006 11:12AM by Mike Barkley.

Date: September 28, 2006 11:40AM

Thanks Mike! I didn't realize the service was that quick. Guess I'll try out both ways.

Posted by: Jesse Buky (---.dynamic-dialup.coretel.net)
Date: September 28, 2006 12:53PM

Bruce, I have the Brothers model that cost $250.00 6 0r 7 yrs. ago. The cheaper models did not offer the clear background with gold letters which is all I wanted. It's here in the shop, come on in and take a look at it. Jesse

Posted by: Scott Youschak (72.242.111.---)
Date: September 28, 2006 03:05PM

I have horrible handwriting also. I have found that women tend to be a little more eloquent when it comes to writing. Usually I hit up my girlfriend or mom or any random woman in the vicinity to wrtite something on a rod.

Date: September 29, 2006 07:51AM

Thanks Jesse, We have one here at work......that's what got me started on this. I went to the website and seems like they have alot of options on backgrounds/colors etc. I might have to check yours out because our guy is pretty possesive about his.

Posted by: Steven Libby (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 29, 2006 10:59AM

there's so many models...which one does gold on clear?

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: September 29, 2006 11:07AM

Yes this thread is about Brother P-lines....I know....sorry for the highjack.

This is another vote for Decal Connection. I also have a couple big sheets with my business info on them. They are there ready to use at a moments notice. When I get an order I can email DC with the info for the decals I need for that project. By the time I receive my rod parts/supplies shipment and I get the rod put together the decals have been delivered and waiting on me. No problem so far with fast service from DC.

Jay

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster