I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

EVA Triangle Shaped Foregrip
Posted by: Jess Brindisi (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: September 07, 2006 07:52PM

Does anyone know who manufactures a foregrip in the triangle shape? I fished with one recently and it was very comfortable to hold onto when fighting a fish. Is this something that may have to be made out of EVA stock material? and if so, how?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EVA Triangle Shaped Foregrip
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: September 07, 2006 08:07PM

You make your own following the instructions in the latest RodMaker Magazine. It would be fairly easy to make one by hand.

You could also consider using a belt sander for the task. A triangular shaped grip would be very simple to create.

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: September 07, 2006 08:20PM

Go to Merrick's site and find who their dealers are. They sell triangular Mooskin EVA grips. I'm thinking about them myself...it's something different.

Jay

Posted by: Ed Grella (---.37.254.98.adsl.snet.net)
Date: September 07, 2006 08:30PM

I built two spiral wrapped tube and worm trolling rods with the Triangle foregrips. They are the most comfortable grips that I have ever used.
Ed

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 08, 2006 06:18AM

I was thinking about making one myself....just so I have a flat surface to do my inlays on, lol. MAy I'll shape one up and see how it feels, never really considered it as being comfy.

Posted by: Mark Syck (---.mgm.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 08, 2006 07:19AM

Sounds interesting. I think I'll glue one up, and form it today. If I finish it, do y'all want me to post a pic of it?

Mark Syck

SYCKO Custom Rods
There Are No Limits To The Imagination

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 08, 2006 12:03PM

One of the most popular factory rods for tube and worm trolling in the Northeast is a Diawa Sealine with PB SIC's and a triangular foregrip. People love the grip for some reason, along with the $70 price tag.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 08, 2006 01:27PM

Mark, Post a pic!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Mark Syck (---.mgm.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 08, 2006 05:45PM

It's posted

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Mark Syck

SYCKO Custom Rods
There Are No Limits To The Imagination

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2006 05:47PM by Mark Syck.

Posted by: Peter Maltby (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: September 09, 2006 12:19PM

Hi Jesster: We are one of Merrick's dealers, and can get the Triangle shaped foregrips for you. Color is black only and comes in lengths ranging from 6" - 14" with different ID measurements.

Please call of e-mail me at pmaltby@ackfishing.com, or Toll free 866-285-0673 if you would like more information, or would like to get some prices.

Kind Regards,

Peter Maltby
ACK Fishing & Tackle LLC

Date: September 09, 2006 11:39PM

Peter, how do you shape them?

Date: September 10, 2006 04:35AM

[www.merricktackle.com]

They are located at the bottom of page 22

Jay

Date: September 10, 2006 05:17AM

I know, I'm figuring since they have them in stock they'd like to share with teh board their shaping process.

Date: September 10, 2006 06:09AM

Cool

Posted by: Peter Maltby (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: September 11, 2006 12:23PM

Hi Billy:

We do not shape them. They come pre shaped and are part of the Moosekin® line-up of EVA products. Merrick has sold them now for a number of years, and we carry them also. They are produced and shaped that way on a special machine that the manufacturer uses.

Who, how, and what machine does this I do not have answers for you on that.

They come in lengths of 6"-14" in black only. The cost on them, is not all that much. I can't list prices on the board, but until I get them on the ACK site, you or anyone can e-mail me for the prices at pmaltby@ackfishing.com

Pete
ACK Fishing & Tackle
866-285-0673 Toll Free

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster