I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

CTS Makoi Surf Casting Blanks are in Stock at ACK Fishing
Posted by: Peter Maltby (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: August 28, 2006 10:21PM

ACK Fishing & Tackle is now stocking CTS Makoi 13'6" Surf Casting Blanks. We currently have 2 models available in our warehouse with more versions of these fantastic Surf Casting blanks to come. Take a look.

[www.ackfishing.com]

Any questions, call us toll free at 866-285-0673, or e-mail us at sales@ackfishing.com.

You can order them online, or by calling our toll free number.

Peter Maltby
[www.ackfishing.com]
Toll Free 866-285-0673
London 02070784004
Local phone 860-656-6904

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CTS Makoi Surf Casting Blanks are in Stock at ACK Fishing
Posted by: Shawn Moore (85.195.123.---)
Date: August 29, 2006 07:34AM

I looked on the CTS website and couldn't find any such blanks being made by them. Where are they? Would like to read more about them.

Date: August 29, 2006 09:18AM

Our webpage for the CTS Makoi blanks was designed to include most if not all of the information about the blanks. CTS has contact information on their website if you wish to contact them for additional information about the CTS Makoi blanks. They are manfactured by CTS of New Zealand, even though they may not have them listed on their website.

You can also contact me via e-mail at pmaltby@ackfishing.com, or at 866-285-0673 if you need any addtional information.

Peter Maltby
ACK Fishing & Tackle
[www.ackfishing.com]

Date: September 01, 2006 02:26AM

CTS, distributor in Hawaii, distributor in New York (Merrick) and ACK for retail purchase in Connecticut with them in stock for purchase online and available for shipping to all 50 states and around the world. Only 2 models at the moment. I get them through Merrick. They are a distributor. To make it clear I am only referring to the CTS Makoi Surf blanks, the ones I have in stock and are available on a retail basis. I have been asked by any other distributors not to use their name in any posts I make.

Stephen even blessed my webpage, to be sure I had all of the details correct, in case there continues to be any question if these blanks are for real or not. The CTS Makoi Surf blanks.

Check them out at [www.ackfishing.com] I also believe there are other retailers throuought the country, but haven't seen any others online selling CTS Makoi blanks.

I am remain curious though, why all the big fuss about who distributes them and why a few people on the board are so concerned about it.? If the demand for CTS blanks is so high, why wouldn't you all want them available from more than one source? I am sure there is plenty of business for everyone to share. Competition can only benefit the purchasers of any product as long as they maintain any standards of selling set forth by the company.

I only sell retail, and wish to make them available to those customers who do not, cannot, or simply do not wish to bother getting a tax license to purchase them wholesale. I don't think they care where I get them from. I have had some private comments already that finally someone has them for retail sale, and that actually has them in stock. Also, some interested buyers of the CTS Makoi blanks.

Come see them at the Merrick show.

Pete
ACK Fishing & Tackle.

Posted by: Shawn Moore (85.195.123.---)
Date: September 04, 2006 08:37PM

Merrick is closer to me than Lamar but I did some checking and it turns out that Merrick is NOT a distributor for CTS blanks. If I had showed up at their dealer show and found two surf blanks was the full selection of CTS blanks they had I think I would have been mad enough to punch somebody. Somebody needs to get their story straight here. CTS does not even know about Merricks show and says they don't sell to Merrick.

Date: October 06, 2006 03:26AM

Shawn, take a look at the CTS website. It has been updated and now shows the CTS Makoi blanks. Scott has also posted the list of blanks that will be at the show, which also includes some jigging blanks. I don't think you'll want to punch anybody if you show up at the show anymore. I was early with my posts, but knew what was coming.

Pete
ACK Fishing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster