I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

gold winding check
Posted by: darren tucker (---.pppoe-dynamic.nl.aliant.n)
Date: July 30, 2006 11:24AM

Do anyone know were I can find some gold coloured winding checks. Thankyou
Darren Tucker

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: gold winding check
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.onsemi.com)
Date: July 30, 2006 11:39AM

Angler's Workshop has an aluminum winding check in gold.

Posted by: Josh Dinklage (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: July 30, 2006 11:55AM

Merrick Tackle/Summermoon carry several gold aluminum versions by two different japanese companies. Golden Witch will make you a real gold plated nickel silver winding check if you really want to part with some cash. Gold thread over epoxy ramp. Gold paint over other color winding check. Gold tinted epoxy check. Gold chain in epoxy. Gold leaf over/in epoxy. Gold wire wrapped around blank. Gold toe ring (Panama jack at Walmart). Various types of gold rings from searching a craft store like cheap wedding bands for every guest at a wedding party, part of the large gold snaps for clothing, etc. Steal a ring from your lady friend and wrap it on. Those have all worked for me this past year (except the real jewelry grade winding check from Golden Witch).

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 30, 2006 12:01PM

Fuji has them, nobody imports them though.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: Jim Smith (---.aep.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 30, 2006 02:53PM

I ended up looking at the craft shops in their jewlery making section and found something that worked great for the rod i'm building for my son. It was a small rope twist 9.47 (mm ID) that was 24 carat gold plated and cost me $2.00. I had to clip off the small loop that was soldered on to attach it to a charm braclet or whatever it was going to used for. This took about 2 seconds and the mark it left was so small as to be negligable. Just a thought...

Jim Smith

Posted by: Peter Maltby (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: July 31, 2006 08:23AM

We have the gold Colored along with other color winding checks also. A number of varieties.

You can see them here. [www.merricktackle.com]

They are not as costly as you may think looking at the pics and are generally in stock.
Wholesale contact Merrick, Retail, contact ACK Fishing & Tackle

ACK Fishing
866-285-0673
pmaltby@ackfishing.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster