I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Billy Vivona
Posted by: Mark Tobiasz (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 04, 2006 09:08AM

Hi Billy,
I noticed that you use "NERBS- North East Rod Builders" as a signature in all your posts. Is that a company or an organization? I'm from the northeast myself .
Thanks ,
Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Billy Vivona
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 04, 2006 12:24PM

MArk 0 it is a loose knit group of Rodbuilders stretching around the world. WE are focused in teh North East, specifcially NY, NJ, Ct, and Mass, although there are guys from PA, RI, VT and ME. In the off season, we try to have a few gatherings at someones shop, free of charge to all who attend. All we ask is you bring a plate of food or something to drink, a few questions, rods, tools, anything of interest...and a sense of humor. Specifcally, we've had gatherings in Staten Island, NY (my shop), 2 in NJ (mid NJ, near BArnagat & Great Adventure...Mike McGiveney & Paul Rimbeck), LI (my friend Victor in Glen Cove), and up in Leominster MAss (held by Mike Joyce)

We are all thread heads. IT's TOTALLY informal, I usually send out an e-mail every so often to let people know what's going on, upcoming gatherings, and ask for any suggestions.

We had a booth in Charlotte last year with a nice display of 50 custom rods. WE will be back in High Point in 2007, hopefully with a just as impressive display of rods.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 04, 2006 12:27PM

I almost forgot, there was a meeting in Chicago a few months ago hosted by Al Ciner. This wasn't a NERBs event, but it was run in teh NERBs style. I hoped to try and coordinate one out in California, down in Texas or Florida...but I'm just too busy as it is. If anyone is interested in hosting a local gathering, let me know and we'll see if we can work something out.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 04, 2006 02:05PM

Mark, where are you located? I'll be doing another gathering in MA once the ground turns white again. Feel free to contact myself or Billy if interested.

Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: July 04, 2006 02:10PM

I would certainly host one here in Cali. Got plenty of room and a test cast pond (swimming pool). Got a place in Havasu (AZ) that would work as well. If anyone out west (or anywhere for that matter) is interested email me. Randy.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 04, 2006 03:06PM

Randy, I was supposed to get in touch with you regarding this after Charlotte, I apologize for not following through. I'll shoot you an e-mail from work one of these days to discuss.

Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: July 04, 2006 05:55PM

Sounds good Billy.

Posted by: Jason Alvarado (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: July 04, 2006 07:48PM

Billy, if your ever in W. Long Island (particularly City Island Bronx) Let me know. It would be a priveledge.

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.sub-66-174-92.myvzw.com)
Date: July 04, 2006 10:11PM

Put me down to host or co-host a Texas Event of some sort.

Andy Dear
Lamar Fishing Products

Posted by: John Blair (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: July 05, 2006 05:53AM

That sounds great Andy....I will help in anyway I can down here in Texas....Yall have a good day.

Big John
Rio Hondo, Texas
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: July 05, 2006 08:16AM

Andy, will do. When is it slow time for fishign down there? John, that would be cool, I'm sure Andy would appreciate teh help.

Jason, kind of hard to let you know anything, e-mail is hidden

Posted by: Michael E Tanner (---.an3.dfw28.da.uu.net)
Date: July 05, 2006 11:18AM

I Wanna go.
let me know if I can help Andy <*{{{}}><
Longview TX

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster