I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Forum Problems
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 26, 2006 04:55PM

One of the problems with internet forums, is that folks can represent themselves as being persons that they are not. We had a situation last week where an individual was here on the site representing himself as an employee of a west coast blank manufacturer. The fact is, he is not an employee of that firm and had not received any sort of authorization from them to speak on behalf of them or their warranty policy.

I regret this incident and promise to continue to do my best to watch out for those wrongly representing or impersonating commercial rod building company employees or officers. This is a very busy website and it's hard to read every post, but we do our best.

As always, public forums can be very helpful venues but there are caveats that sensible individuals should always be on the lookout for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2006 04:59PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Forum Problems
Posted by: Mark Syck (---.mgm.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 26, 2006 05:12PM

Tom,

I have not been with this site that long. But, from what I have seen so far, You. and the others, are doing a great job. Keep up the good work,

Mark

Posted by: Dan Hogan (---.plspca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: June 26, 2006 05:50PM

I don't consider it a problem Tom. Being the Internet it's hard to keep the jerks out.

Dan Hogan
The only way to have a friend, is to be one.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 26, 2006 06:18PM

The problem is that such persons can do harm to those companies which they are falsely representing, not to mention those builders who take them at their word.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 26, 2006 08:46PM

Nature of the beast I guess

Sad, very sad

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: June 27, 2006 03:16AM

Tom: you are doing a great job of moderating. The fact is like you said there is always someone trying to slip through the cracks. These low life’s generally try and place their comments, when moderating is at a low. Those of us that have been on this site for a while can pick out the phonies. It is the newbie that get hurt the worst. Keep up the good work. I recommend to all if there is a questionable post, to check it out with the company mentioned, or send email to one of the builders that make constant posts. Better yet send you an email to confirm if the statement is true.
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.dab.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 27, 2006 09:22AM

When the guy started to offer to warranty Seeker blanks that had even been cut in half and had a metal ferrule added, a red flag went up with me.

The good news is that you uncovered the charade and exposed him. That's another one of the things that makes this forum the very best. The owners and operaters care about the users.

Posted by: Chuck Mills (204.88.94.---)
Date: June 27, 2006 10:20AM

Tom,

I want to thank you for a fine site. This is a huge resource that I can't imagine doing without. THANKS!

The Internet is full of people with questionable judgement. Some people never seem to understand right and wrong. I appreciate the work you do to moderate this forum!

Chuck Mills
Alexandria, MN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster