I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

I have a shipping question...
Posted by: Tyson Oakes (---.ks.ks.cox.net)
Date: June 12, 2006 11:12PM

I bought some components from a well known company. I wanted 2nd day air so that i could get started on the rod i am building for my dad for fathers day...I was charged 20.09 for 2nd day air. The item shipped June 9th and accourding to the tracking, it wont be here until June 13th. To me, that is not 2nd day air, maybe i am mistaken...Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get part of my money back or how to bargain with the supplier? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I have a shipping question...
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 12, 2006 11:25PM

I would always verify when placing the order when it will arrive...another tip...call the supplier instead of ordering online so you can get a straight answer from a real person...comes in handy later incase you have to hold someone accountable for any shipping delays. Also ask if they ship USPS. When pricing UPS, Fed EX and USPS...USPS is almost always lowest when using 3rd day express. When comparing 2nd day versus 3rd day USPS there is almost always a SIGNIFICANT difference...burn the midnight oil on the build if you have to...I only use Second Day air on a customer build that requires immediate action on my part to keep the customer happy. In this case, you have a Sunday deadline so maybe you could justify the cost differenct, but in the future I would keep that in mind. Right now, I can only say that many times the tracking info on most of my orders show the day it is to be delivered and many times I get it earlier. Dont count on it though. Many shippers like UPS and others call a service "second day" but when you read the fine print, you will find that is for "most zones", always seems like No Rod builder lives in "Most Zones" when he really needs the parts...lol...In your case there may have been a mixup in how it was processed and in fact you didnt get the shipping you paid for...call them...simply ask and explain the situation and tell them as you understood it...It should arrive on Wednesday not Thurs or Friday...All you can do is try my friend. Most suppliers will bend over backwards to keep a new customer happy.

Good luck.
Jeff

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.sw.res.rr.com)
Date: June 12, 2006 11:28PM

If I need something quick and specify 2nd day air I never order on a Thursday or Fri. If you order on Fri your order won't show up until Tuesday and that's if it was shipped on Fri. If shipped on Thurs. you can expect it on Monday. Usually on 2nd day air orders there is no Saturday delivery unless you pay a surcharge. In my experience , if you need something for the weekend and specify 2nd day air, order early on Wednesday so you could receive your items by Friday,

Posted by: thad peach (66.129.100.---)
Date: June 13, 2006 07:07AM

If you order late in the day and request 2nd day air then your order may not be shipped until the following day which would delay an order. I usually use the 3 day service and sometimes I get it within two days. I always ask for a tracking number regardless. I can then see where and how my package is moving on the carriers website.

Thad
Dutchman's Creek Tackle

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 13, 2006 07:17AM

Weeksnds usually don't count, nor late afternoon or evening orders. Call the supplier and talk to them about it.

Posted by: Joe Brenner (---.swifttrans.com)
Date: June 13, 2006 09:36AM

Tyson,

I think you need to talk to a person....verify when they are going to ship it ...what service you need to get it by XX day. That way the shipper either says yes I can get it out today and it will deliver XXXX day. You can't assume the shipper will drop everything to pask your order and ship it...even then many charge extra for w/e delivery and don't normally include w/e in the days of service.

Posted by: Tyson Oakes (---.ded.swbell.net)
Date: June 13, 2006 01:01PM

I did talk to a person on the phone and this isnt the first problem i have had with this company . they had a back ordered item that was very small, like a EVA buttcap and they shipped it separately when it came in and charged me again for shipping...like another 6.00 for a .35 item...not cool in my books...i am sure some of you know which company i am referring to... enough said :(

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nas56.newark2.nj.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: June 13, 2006 04:21PM

Tyson your email is hidden ?

Posted by: Rob Grider (---.insightbb.com)
Date: June 13, 2006 04:30PM

I can't say if the company in question is the same that I had similar problems with but often times the only way you can vote is with your feet and long ago I did.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster