I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod bags
Posted by: Brad Rodgers (---.sttnwaho.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: June 12, 2006 02:29PM

Any body know off hand where I can get ahold of some five piece rod bags? Just light weight poplin divided bags. I've tried Cabelas which is where I usually get 2pc rod bags but they don't have any five piece bags. I can get some that has a SAGE logo on at a local shop but it's a gift for somebody from me and I don't want SAGE to take the visual credit. And lastly, I just don't have time to cruise the websites of all the sponsors on the right side of the page here.
Thanks
BjR

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod bags
Posted by: Andy Dear (---.sub-66-174-79.myvzw.com)
Date: June 12, 2006 02:38PM

REC probably, or you could visit a local clothing tailor and have one made...that's what I usually do.

Best Regards,

Andy Dear
Lamar Fishing Products

Posted by: Paul McRoberts (---.cityofnapa.org)
Date: June 12, 2006 03:29PM

Try www.flyrodcrafters.com and talk to Bob. He probably has it even if it is not listed on his site.He has been supplying me bags, and tubes for awhile. In fact I just picked up some bags for 2 pc bamboos with an extra tip. I believe they are about 7 or 8 dollars. Fast shipping, and good quality stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2006 03:32PM by Paul McRoberts.

Posted by: Bill Worden (72.174.225.---)
Date: June 12, 2006 06:28PM

Landmark.

Posted by: Michael Blomme (---.243.0.101.Dial1.Seattle1.Level3.net)
Date: June 12, 2006 06:37PM

Hi Brad,
If either you or your wife know how ro run a sewing machine, go down to a fabric store and buy some cotton flannel in a color or pattern you like and sew one. It is easy to do (at least for my wife) and pretty economical and sets your gift apart from the crowd.

Good luck.

Mike Blomme

Date: June 12, 2006 06:46PM

Ha?............................My wife?
Sew..........................................?
Thats almost as funny as me trying to sew. But I'd be more likely to try it than her......
Time is of whats most important for me right now.
BjR

Date: June 12, 2006 06:47PM

Got a link to Landmark Bill?
BjR

Posted by: vance corbett (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: June 12, 2006 10:00PM

Google "Greg's Custom Rods"... The girl who makes their bags will probably sew them for you. Best, Vance

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ma-cambridg0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: June 14, 2006 10:55PM

Dan Craft used to carry rod bags built by the same people and the same material as the T&T bags, which are very nice. Angler's Workshop also carries both gingham and poplin rod bags at good prices.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster