I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Magazine
Posted by: Ken Finch (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 12, 2006 07:46AM

My secretary came back from the post office this AM and had my new copy of Rodmaker. Although I have not been taking it very long I have to say that each and every issue impresses me with the amount and quality of information. Nothing against this website which is wonderful, but the magazine clearly rises above it head and shoulders.

Guess I won't be getting much done today. Too much rod building reading to do. I'll have to inform my secretary that I won't be taking any calls today but she probably already knows that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Magazine
Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: June 12, 2006 08:25AM

WARNING: Rod-building, and day-dreaming about it,
can become habit-forming, and may be hazardous to
other relationships. Participant discretion is advised.
LOL, ... B)- ... -Cliff Hall+++

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.9.10.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: June 12, 2006 09:09AM

Gee, here we go, people get there mag and I got at least two more weeks before I get mine - boo hoo

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 12, 2006 09:56AM

Bill,

You get yours as often as everyone else - about 60 days apart. It makes no difference whether it arrives on the 12th, or the 20th or the scheduled delivery date of the 28th - they arrive about 60 days apart, always. There are 6 issues per year and getting it a week earlier than somebody else won't change that. You'll get yours about 60 days after you got the last one.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.39.159.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: June 12, 2006 11:31AM

I don't mind Tom it is just that people come on here and tell of the articles in it. Just makes one a little anxious

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (66.252.177.---)
Date: June 12, 2006 12:15PM

Ken,Tom outlined this in an editorial in the mag a while back.the fact that the message boards offer info that is not verified or passed through someones interpatation and sometimes turns out to net be accurate.The mag is verified and researched info that you can bank on.Its obvious to you that you realize this but so many others cant see a reason to get the mag when the info can be had for free on the net.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Clyde Thomas (---.bltmmd.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 12, 2006 08:53PM

Verified or not, this board is absolutely the best I have found on any subject, not just rod building. And when Cliff gets wound up and delivers an explanation worthy of a science journal the value just goes up up up. The 360 degree view one gets of so many topics makes this a "must visit" site every evening... wrecking my happy hour visits at the local pub but everything has a priority.

Clyde Thomas

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 13, 2006 07:16AM

I'd also like to think this board and its related features constitute a great resource for rod builders. But in no way does it compare to the magazine. Two entirely different mediums intended for different purposes.

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 14, 2006 09:33AM

At this point in time I can see no reason for anyone to write another book on rod building. What could it possibly contain that isn't already covered and much more in depth than it has been in Rodmaker?

The magazine is such a treasure trove of information that anybody wanting to see a new rod building book on the market in the hopes of learning new ideas or techniques might just as well go ahead and buy a bunch of Rodmaker back issues. It would be hard for any book to cover as much or as well as what has been in the magazine in recent years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster