I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Vendors, Manufacturers, Importers & Mr. Dear
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: June 04, 2006 07:13AM

Mr. "Hairy" - Correct use of materials and advanced building skills allow the use of hot melt for tip top installation. If you saw the fishy pictures posted in the past few days even the offshore pulling stick were topped with the elixir by Roger. It is hot hot down here and I have never had one come loose! At least if I have to take a $ 50 roller top off a rod I do not have to burn it up to get it off. The only use I have for 5 minute epoxy is to stick the receipts for "boudin gut bombs" to the refrigerator door!

Options: ReplyQuote
Michael...
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 04, 2006 08:31AM

Michael,

You may want to try a product called KlassKote. www.klasskote.com

It's more of an "epoxy" paint and will handle like a varnish. Very thin but will ultimately be tougher and longer lasting than varnish.

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: June 04, 2006 08:45AM

Lance,
I also have a large inventory of different type of guides from half a dozen manufacturers but I did not understand exactly what was meant by Bill's the statement above about more types of guides and wanted him to explain. But then I often do not understand Bill's comments. Sometimes I think that he is speaking a language other than English.

Mr. Stevens,
With your "advanced building skills" I would think that you would be able to get tips off that have been put on with 5 minute epoxy without damaging the blank or tip. I can do it and I am sure that my building skills are much less than your "advanced building skills".
If you want me to extrude some hot melt glue for you because "your advanced building skills" are lacking in that area I will be happy to do so but I do need to know what size you really need. I have never attempted to extrude it in larger than about 1/8" diameter but I am sure that even with my limited building skills I can manage it.
PS: I hope that your "advanced building skills" exceed your spelling skills.
PPS: Seriously, if you want me to extrude some hot melt glue sticks for you I will need the approximate diameters.

Posted by: Josh Dinklage (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: June 04, 2006 10:35AM

Things that should be...Size 24 and 26 Fuji trigger reel seats. Fuji pre-made split trigger reelseats. Cheap shipping on blanks over 8 feet. Lightweight (thin) aluminum winding checks in tons of sizes in tons of colors, made in America. Quality chucks come standard on every rod lathe. Somebody builds a mega-mart rod building shop in my area where I can fondle any rod building item or blank I want. A pamphlet on how to do taxes for the rod builder. Allstar surf blanks on closeout for the rest of my life. Higher Recoil spinning guides.

Posted by: steve parks (65.214.202.---)
Date: June 04, 2006 12:31PM

What Josh said!

Posted by: Steve Broadwell (---.134.29.71.ip.alltel.net)
Date: June 04, 2006 02:05PM

I would be pretty happy just to have again the eyeballs I had about 30 years ago! It is a real pain seeing small things these days. Thank goodness for the Optivisor.
Steve Broadwell

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: June 06, 2006 11:05AM

"For any one else educated beyond there intelligence

Believe it or not you CAN read it!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd
waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan
mnid Aoccdrnig to a rsceearh at  Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,
it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod
are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and
lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it
wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid
deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as
a wlohe.
Amzanig huh?"

Here’s Another fact I learn from Tom Kirkman
Good publishers use serif typefaces for body copy.
Why?
Because with a serif typeface your eyes and mind have to do even less work. You can
actually block off the top or bottom HALF of every word and still read
it perfectly. But you cannot do this with non-serif typefaces. Try it
sometime.

Posted by: Owen McLean (---.dhcp.hckr.nc.charter.com)
Date: June 06, 2006 06:30PM

"it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod
are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and
lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. "
Maybe that is why "teh" in lieu of "the" is like fingernails on a chalk board to me and why I stop reading a post as soon as I encounter the first "teh".

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster