I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thread sale
Posted by: JERRY SPRINGS (---.dlsrtr.corridor.net)
Date: May 19, 2006 10:57AM

Always try to support the sponsers on the left list but if you have a Hancock Fabric store near you they will be having a Memorial Day sale on May 26 thru 29 with 50% off their Sulky threads including the new Holoshimmer line. We all know what it costs to keep your thread supply up to par. Now if you have to drive 50 miles to get there with todays gas prices-well you get the point. I'm not a fan of gaudy thread but I did a test wrap last night with standard black then one wrap of mint green Holoshimmer, then five wraps black, then one wrap mint green for a repeat of five times, put the finish on and let me say this stuff really pops with color. Now get in there when the sale starts and elbow the quilting divas out of the way. Better yet if your better half is a fabric nut just give her your thread list. Regards, Jerry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thread sale
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 19, 2006 11:30AM

I can say that I have bought thread in the past at places other than the sponsors listed and even have purchased Sulky at the store Jerry mentioned when its been on sale. BUT the reason I never mentioned sales at these outlets to other forum readers is precisely that these outlets werent sponsors of the board. If I had spent good money to get my name listed to the left and then seen users talking about sales at the big outlet stores, I'd be pretty disappointed. I think that when you see these sales that its fine to email rod building friends and let them know about it but to do it on a forum that is sponsored by rod supply outfits that many carry the Sulky line is not necessary. This is just my opinion and I am not trying to hurt any feelings here..

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (66.252.177.---)
Date: May 19, 2006 11:50AM

I`LL SECOND THAT!!!!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: JERRY SPRINGS (---.dlsrtr.corridor.net)
Date: May 19, 2006 03:08PM

This post is for the rodbuilders who build for fun or as a hobby and not for monetary gains. I doubt that these savings would mean anything to those who purchase rodbuilding supplies for their business after rod shop discounts. With the prices of blanks and components and the price of gas at the pumps its just a way to save a little hobby money to build a little longer. Regards, Jerry

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 19, 2006 04:04PM

I dont know....its like walkin into Burger King and shoutin out that double cheeseburgers are a buck over at McDonalds...You think BK is ok with that?...Lets not forget its the sponsors on the left that make this forum exist. Just doesnt seem like the proper thing to do when some of those sponsors sell that exact product. Scott at Mudhole was just announcing on an earlier post how they are currently carrying that line now and everyone was excited about it....now you come in and say go buy it at .....IMO that hurts these sponsors. You think the hobby builder doesn't patronize these businesses on the left???

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: May 19, 2006 04:33PM

Many, if not most, that post here are hobby builders and low volume builders

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: dan minsker (---.m2net.ips.techline.com)
Date: May 19, 2006 10:39PM

JERRY I thank you for telling me about the sale and there is no hancock store in my state and if i was a retail rod builder i would be happy to know that they carry thread, not so i can run down there and never use are sponsors but we all have had customers that want a rod done before the weekend, and in the colors he or she picked out so to keep our customers happy it is nice to know where we can get some in a real hurry, it just may save a deal...... i have always bought 90 percent from our sponsers and will continue to do so.. the addiction is so strong that 4 days shipping for something small is mind altering SO MY POINT IS THANK YOU JERRY DAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster