I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Great service from Jann's Netcraft
Posted by: Jeff Schatz (24.106.231.---)
Date: May 01, 2006 05:46PM

Finally, after sharing my horrible service experiences with the board, I can report a supplier who seems to get it. I've placed 5 orders or so to Jann's Netcraft via their web site on weekends and orders ship on Monday and I get them Weds. or so. Even a backorder showed in a few days.

Granted, they are in Ohio and so am I, so the shipping distance isn't far but they are fast. Please patronize them!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Great service from Jann's Netcraft
Posted by: Jeffrey Wolfanger (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: May 01, 2006 06:51PM

I don't know I had positive experience with them all so far.

However, my local tackle dealer is still cheaper, but 35 minutes away ...I ordered from Lamar Manufacturing. A+++++. Just wish they had more products e.g. guides, butt caps, all around rod building supplies (Flexcoat ) jk...

Custom Tackle they were good too, that guy had some patience, and mud hole too. Mudhole sent the wrong thing once on a order and said they would credit my account when I shipped it back, along with reembursing me for the shipping expense, they did as promised....It is a tough business....Lots of parts...

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 01, 2006 07:36PM

So far out of the dozen or so sponsors of this forum I have used...all but one have been spectacular. i wont mention the one as that is not near as important as the ones that went above and beyond. The sponsors I have had great experiences with are Robert at FishSticks4U, Neal at Neal's Fishing Products, Scott at Mudhole, Andy at Lamar, and handful of others.

Since most of my ordering is online, I really appreciate the sponsors with user friendly and up to date websites. Heck, when I call Neal at Neals fishing Products, he walks around the warehouse while hes on the phone with me and verifies product status. If I ask him to double check a tip top on a certain blank, He does it right there on the phone...sometimes I wonder....When I'm on the phone with a supplier and I ask them to double check something and they say ok..hold on...I wonder if they lay the phone down and eat a donut...take a few slurps of coffee...take a leak and come back to the phone and say...YEP it fits. I have asked people to double check something before and they still send the wrong stuff...Anyways...I'd say youd be hard pressed to find bad service at most of the sponsors on the left.
Jeff

Posted by: David Wells (71.30.11.---)
Date: May 01, 2006 08:13PM

I too have always gotten great service from Netcraft and I've been buying from them since 1969!!! Of late I've started some things from Blackdog Tackle, one of the board sponsers. Joe at Blackdog is always willing to go above and beyond.

David

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster