I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Madeira Threads NOW IN STOCK!
Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 29, 2006 10:26AM

We now have all 359 colors of Madeira Poly Neon 40wt. on the shelf in 1000 meter spools.

We still have a LOT of work to do in order to get this up on our website. This is one of those things I've been trying to figure out how to market online for months and STILL don't really have my arms around yet! That's a lot of pictures & data to upload and there doesn't seem to be any easy way to get it done. I decided that bringing the product in and having it stare me in the face might get the creative juices flowing. Colleen likes to call this my "Ready, Fire, Aim" approach.

In the meantime, our local "walk-in" customers can come to the store and see all of the Madeira threads on display along with the full line of Gudebrod threads. Those of you with a Madeira color chart are welcome to contact us for your Madeira needs and enjoy our 24 hour (or less) turn around and low shipping prices.

Our Rice thread close-out continues and at this time we would like to offer Rodbuilding.org users a special price of $3.00 on our remaining inventory of 1oz. spools of Nylon, $3.50 on 1oz. spools of NCP and $5.50 on 1oz. spools of Metallic. Contact Colleen@@#$%& for a list of the remaining inventory. Just let her know you saw this on Rodbuilding.org and she'll make sure you get this EXTRA special price!

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Madeira Threads NOW IN STOCK!
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 29, 2006 10:34AM

YA HOOOO!
Way to go Mark!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (12.174.137.---)
Date: April 29, 2006 10:43AM

I know about the use of 40wt thread in cross wraps & weaves, but remind me again (for peace of mind) if this thread is strong enough for guide wraps. Thanks.

Jay

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 29, 2006 11:15AM

Jay,

They don't publish a break strength and I don't have a scale that I'd trust enough to try and give you a number. What I CAN tell you is that we've got a couple fo 60lb. rods out there (triple wrapped with Madeira) with no problems.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 29, 2006 11:17AM

IMO opinion, YES although I don't build salt rods No problem with musky rods, though

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (12.174.136.---)
Date: April 29, 2006 03:12PM

Thanks Mark & Mike.

Jay

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: April 29, 2006 05:16PM

Have it on several bass rods. So far not even a hint of a problem

Posted by: John Richardson (---.dhcp.ahvl.nc.charter.com)
Date: May 02, 2006 10:41PM

Do you have any of the Rice threads left? I've sent two e-mails over the last few days to request the list per your instructions and I haven't heard back.

Thanks.

-john

Colleen sent the info today -- thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2006 09:41PM by John Richardson.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster