I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

All Star IGMB965 Elite
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: April 26, 2006 01:35PM

Would anyone that bought some "All Star IGMB965 Elite" 8ft. rod blanks. From Andy Dear's bargain barrel at the rod builders show. Be willing to resell one or two of them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: All Star IGMB965 Elite
Posted by: Bret Rahe (198.91.8.---)
Date: April 26, 2006 03:36PM

Steve,

Are these the medium action popping rods in an unfinished gray graphite? If so, I might have a couple at home I could part with...I bought some from Andy a year ago and they may not have labels on them, but, I'll check this evening....the shipping charges may not be cheap since they are 1-piece 8-footers.

Bret

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: April 26, 2006 04:00PM

Brett:
What happened was, that I bought an 8ft Alstar blank from Andy at the show. Used it to build a Carolina rig rod. Want to build another. But some how the paper work I wrote down the blank specs on disappeared. Have been communicating with Andy to find out for sure which blank it was, but neither one of us knows for sure. All I was able to find was part of the label that I had removed
That part States that it is a “MEDIUM CASTING
ELITE GRAPHITE”
I knew for sure it is an Alstar Blank, and that its 8ft.
So I sent out a post hoping that some one else had bought one at the show and would know the numbers.
That’s pretty much al the info I have.
Spencer Phipps answered the post suggesting that it my be an
All Star IGMB965 Elite, 6 - 15 lb line, mod fast action
So that is why I posted those numbers.
I don’t think it is a popping blank, also was not stated on the labeled as such. It is matt black in color. But I am willing to take a chance on your blanks it you think that is what they are.

Posted by: Bret Rahe (---.ch2m.com)
Date: April 26, 2006 04:07PM

The ones that I have are unfinished graphite, definately not black. They are probably medium-light power/mod-fast actionactions and Andy sold them to me as popping rods. I'll see if they still have tags on them this evening and report back. Your e-mail address is hidden, you can send a message to my home address at brahe@gvtc.com if you like.

Bret

Posted by: Keith Neidhart (---.hot.res.rr.com)
Date: April 27, 2006 01:53PM

"But some how the paper work I wrote down the blank specs on disappeared. "

Steve,

I have an All Star IGMB965 that I got from Andy, last week. What specs are you looking for? I'll post what I know and if you need something different, let me know.

I mic'd the tip and butt if it helps, mine is .648" butt and .080" tip. I measured for the trigger to be 9 3/4" from the butt and it takes a 15.5 real seat...

rod ratings (Per the all star catalog) are as follows: 8', 1pc., 0.645' Butt, 5.5 tip, 3/8 - 1 1/4 lure, 6-15 line, blank wt 3oz, Mod-Fast, Medium

Hope that is what you needed.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (65.40.90.---)
Date: April 27, 2006 06:31PM

Keith:
Thank You
Wanted the specs so I could order some more.
Do you want to sell it?

Date: April 27, 2006 07:15PM

Maybe... I'm supposed to build it for a friend, If he changes his mind, you are welcome to it. I think the shipping will exceed the price. ...lol I'll let you know when I hear from him.

keith

Posted by: Steve Gardner (65.40.90.---)
Date: April 28, 2006 02:44AM

Thanks Keith:
Don't care about the shipping
I will keep in touch.
If its OK, I will email you directly?

Date: April 28, 2006 09:11AM

No problem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster