I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Logo Opinions
Posted by: Don Jones (204.180.144.---)
Date: April 25, 2006 10:37AM

I posted this on the Photo Forum. I wanted to get a few opinions from everyone here. My Sister-In-Law is very talented when it comes to art. I asked her to work something up for me. I like building the split grip and spiral guides so I wanted that in the logo.
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Logo Opinions
Posted by: Doug Moore (---.dllstx.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 25, 2006 10:57AM

Don, I got all my logo decals from Decal Connection. They are a sponsor on the left. They done a fantastic job on mine.

Regards......Doug@
TCRds

Posted by: steve parks (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 25, 2006 11:12AM

Looks pretty good to me.

Posted by: Joshua Markvan (208.165.251.---)
Date: April 25, 2006 01:29PM

I think that's a great logo Don. Very pro looking.

Josh Markvan
www.markvanheirloom.com

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: April 25, 2006 01:52PM

Despite my sarcasm on the photo page, it looks great. If I were to change one thing, I would make sure the line looks like it goes through the tip top. It doesn't matter, but I'm an attention to details person, and that jumped out at me. Even with that it looks great.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 25, 2006 02:07PM

Very Cool!!! Does your wife want to make some extra money??????? Decal Connection can print those out by the sheet in metallic silver or gold for a very good price.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: April 25, 2006 02:37PM

Billy your sarcasm made me laugh because I thought the same thing. When it's on the rod it will be much smaller so I don't think you would be able to see that much detail as far as the line. I will have Decal Connection do some samples for me that way I can make some adjustments if needed before ordering sheets. Mike, this is my sister-in-law and I can check with her if you know of anyone that would be interested in logos. I had Decal Connection try making me the logo first but they came back unable to do was I was looking for. I did appreciate their attempt very much though. Thanks for all the input so far.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 25, 2006 07:45PM

You have a very talented sister in-law!
Really cool logo! I still think the black and white handle with reel looks
similar to a Micky Mouse character though.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Jan Podsiedlik (---.ed.shawcable.net)
Date: April 26, 2006 11:21PM

That is indeed a very nice logo. It has an artistic feel to it which matches its intended use. You would not see a logo of this type on a factory made rod. I would suggest that you print it out with an inkjet printer on an acetate transparency sheet ( for overhead projectors ) in the sizes that you intend to use. You can wrap the acetate around a blank and see how the finished decals will look. Then you will be able to judge for yourself how the finer details stand up to being reduced in size.

Date: April 27, 2006 10:33AM

I just posted what I believe is the final logo.[www.rodbuilding.org]
No more Mickey and also changed the guide sizes a little.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (69.241.124.---)
Date: April 27, 2006 02:22PM

THATS PERFECT!

Your sister in-law should get the first rod!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: April 27, 2006 04:58PM

Very nice Don!

DR

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: April 27, 2006 08:30PM

That's a first class logo, Don -a very nice design. Congratulate your sister-in law.

Stan

Date: April 28, 2006 07:16AM

Thanks for all the compliments, I will be sure to pass those along to my sister-in-law.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 28, 2006 09:41AM

Great! One of the better logo's that I have seen. Very Cool!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster