I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Will the real Fuji stand up ??
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an1.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: April 21, 2006 09:11AM

Not for nothing but which one of these are correct ? Or are there more then one type of BLAG fly guide ?
[www.angelfire.com]
[www.jannsnetcraft.com]
[www.cabelas.com]

The height of the ring looks different ?? A picture is worth a thousand words ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will the real Fuji stand up ??
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 21, 2006 09:16AM

I'd suggest you try the Anglers Resources (Fuji US distributor) for accurate photos of each Fuji guide type.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an1.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: April 21, 2006 09:25AM

I talked to cabel's and they say these's are Fuji's ? That was the only reason I did not like them because the ring was so low to the blank ?

Just as blanks are made for some companies, now I wonder if they do guides also ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2006 09:47AM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Steven Libby (---.dc1.textron.com)
Date: April 21, 2006 11:31AM

The only pic that seems right is the one in cabelas - it seems to match the one on the aglers site [www.anglersresource.net]®&series=Concept&style=Guides&id=13.html

I have noticed blag's with different suffixes...some J others JC but I cant tell the difference, maybe the pics on the other sites you mention above are other suffixes - I dont know what the suffixes mean...are the different design revi's maybe?

I use blag's on all my casting rods ~because~ they sit low and work best for my reel typs, and I luv 'em. I tried blag's on a spinning rod ~once~ and they were too low for me for the reel I was using. I tried the byag instead and it worked out better for me. Not a recommendation, not even a suggestion!

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nj-01.cvx.algx.net)
Date: April 21, 2006 12:19PM

That's why I usually use the Forecast fly guides. They sit a tad higher and I like that. call me fickle ??
American Tackle also.

Posted by: Kevin Norstuen (---.worldspan.com)
Date: April 21, 2006 01:50PM

Bill,
I think they are all correct. I think you will find a different height for the rings based on the ring size. I use size 6 all the time. There is almost no height to the ring other than the ring size itself. I expect the taller ring from one of your sources is a 10 ring. Just my opinion....

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: April 21, 2006 07:40PM

Take a real close look at the guides and you will see something quite interesting. Some of them are bent to the vertical in one ninety degree bend. Others are bent to the vertical with two 45 degree bends. It looks like most of them are stamped with the same die and the bend type determines how high they sit. I have some trouble with the ones that are bent in one sweep because the bend is a little past the flair in the foot. This will cause thread to gap while wrapping unless you grind the side of the frame. I am wondering if the frames are all stamped by the same company and then the things bent to someones specification.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster