I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

What does Batson's "Textured Seat" feel like?
Posted by: Marty Martin (---.gsp.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 14, 2006 10:58AM

Is it a hard/gritty texture or more soft and cushioned like EVA?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What does Batson's "Textured Seat" feel like?
Posted by: Don Jones (204.180.144.---)
Date: April 14, 2006 11:13AM

It has a soft, very smooth feel but it's not cushioned like EVA.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: April 14, 2006 11:15AM

Order one and find out. It's a nice feel, "warm" to teh hand. Hard to explain, easy to feel with teh seat in front of you.

Date: April 14, 2006 11:34AM

Similar to Fuji's cushioned seat that their rep showed me in Charlotte?

Date: April 14, 2006 11:52AM

IMO - The Fuji one has a thicker coating, and has more of a "grip" to it. IMO, comparing the 2 side by side, the Fuji seat looks, adn feels a little better. However, teh Fuji seat is twice as much money, and the difference between the 2 really isn't that much to warrant a double the price pricetag. Unless you are a Fuji supporter, the Batson seat is defeinately a good choice.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: April 14, 2006 05:07PM

Fine Fine Fine - firm and not slick when wet - in fact not slippery but very smooth. Only warning is to not try to ream them out - the coating starts to separate from the body and is almost impossible to trim around blank opening when damaged. Get a good stock and use the proper one to fit a blank as is. Fine seat and I have not had one kick.

Fsh No Mo

Date: April 14, 2006 08:33PM

The Fuji may cost twice the Batson, but the Batson textured in 3x what the regular Batson is and I'm not sure any of them are worth over $15 when I can get graphite for 5 or 6.

Date: April 17, 2006 07:44AM

LEt's see - we spend $100 on a high end blank. We spend $100 on Ti-SIC guides. $100+++ in cork rings. I think $15 for a better rel seat is within reason.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster