I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Plain Butt Portion
Posted by: Wayne Loren (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: April 09, 2006 03:11PM

I recently had a Sage 6113 RPL blank made into a switch rod for me-the rod turned out to be just what I wanted for a light weight rod for trout fishing in small streams-there is only one minor problem-between the cork handle and the first running guide there is nothing ,makeing the rod look very plain-I asked the person that built the rod for me if he could draw a picture of a fly pattern or something to fancy up the rod a little and his reply was that he did not have the talent to do that type of work-so here I am looking for a solution-I am hopeing to be able to buy a decal or some thing like that to try and add a little dressing to the rod-could you please help me with a suggestion.

Sincerly,
Wayne Loren,
Abbotsford B.C.
Canada.
swloren@telus.net

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Plain Butt Portion
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: April 09, 2006 04:38PM

Get a decal from Decal Connections with your name on it, frame both ends of your name in a simple feather inlet (examples in the photo section, jungle cock eyes are simple and classy) add in a thread border on both sides that match your wraps and trim bands, and add finish between the borders, your done.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 09, 2006 10:32PM

Go to the directory tab and see if there is another rodbuilder in your area.
If so, contact them for assistance.

I'm sure you spent a pretty penny on that Sage and it would be a shame
to just throw something on there and not do it right.

If you have the capabilities try what Spencer suggests. Not to hard to do
and the inticial expence would not be to bad either. Decal, thread, epoxy
finish and CP, some feathers. It's doable

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Wayne Loren (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: April 10, 2006 12:42AM

Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do!

This thought is, I am sure, so true when you know what you are doing-the thought also has a positive attitude and I like that-BUT-------I am the framer of a house not the cabinet finisher and it may sound good but still is not do able---BUT,,,,thanks for your reply---I still need help..

MY MOTTO---
Do Not Take On What You All Know You Are Going To Screw Up--That Is Why Wisdom Asks For Guidence And Help!!

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 10, 2006 01:11AM

Several of the sponsors listed on the left side of tis page
carry decals (water slide and stick-on) of fish, flys, and things.

Try MudHole, Fishsticks 4-U, SummerMoon,Schnieders, Neals,Jans Net Craft.
You can order one that tickles your fancy and call it good or you can
see if there is a rodbuilder in your area that can do it better.
Don't know what else to tell you except that there are rodbuilders here who can
for a fee, put something on that rod that will get you lots of attention if you wish.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nj-01.cvx.algx.net)
Date: April 10, 2006 10:47AM

Not sure how much room is there. Hope at least you got the rod specks on it. You should have YOUR name also. heck even a simple diamond wrap, feather some thing. Hope you did not pay an arm and a leg for it.

There should be another builder close buy that should be able to add, any thing to that space.

Like said, check for a builder close to you if you can not do it. Cheaper on any shipping.

Here: [www.tackleworks.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster