I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Northwest Rod Building Event
Posted by: Emory Harry (67.170.180.---)
Date: April 02, 2006 11:04AM

There are only five days left until our get together at Lamiglas starts. But there is still time for any of you that are sitting on the fence and have not decided to come and join us. All you have to do is send an e-mail to [[email protected]] and Todd will start to warm up a seat for you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Northwest Rod Building Event
Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: April 02, 2006 06:05PM

Cool Preheated seating, Good strong coffee, donutsand a great bunch of guys and gals. What a better way to spend a weekend other than fishing
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.lamiglas.com)
Date: April 03, 2006 05:33PM

I don't know about preheated seating. Are you volunteering to warm my seat for me Bob?

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: April 03, 2006 07:05PM

Batson Enterprises will be there represented by Karry Batson & myself. We have an opprtunity to display our products at this event. Todd Vivian was nice enough to invite us again and give us an area to display. We will also have an opportunity to share the Batson Vision & new products at a seminar 3 different time in the morning on Saturday. We are looking forward to this event as we do every event, and a chance we get to share what we do for this industry. It makes it nice that it is only a 4 hr drive from here. Come and enjoy this gathering of knowledgeable individuals who are willing to share with all. Opportunities like this do not come very often, I would take advantage if I were a rodbuilder in the area.
Todd & the entire Lamiglas company are very generous with there time and the use of there facilty to make this happen. I hope to see alot of old friends & make a few new ones.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises

Date: April 03, 2006 07:05PM

Batson Enterprises will be there represented by Karry Batson & myself. We have an opprtunity to display our products at this event. Todd Vivian was nice enough to invite us again and give us an area to display. We will also have an opportunity to share the Batson Vision & new products at a seminar 3 different time in the morning on Saturday. We are looking forward to this event as we do every event, and a chance we get to share what we do for this industry. It makes it nice that it is only a 4 hr drive from here. Come and enjoy this gathering of knowledgeable individuals who are willing to share with all. Opportunities like this do not come very often, I would take advantage if I were a rodbuilder in the area.
Todd & the entire Lamiglas company are very generous with there time and the use of there facilty to make this happen. I hope to see alot of old friends & make a few new ones.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises

Date: April 03, 2006 07:35PM

Todd I will have to think about that one ,Hummmm., Still, thinking Hummmm! Sorry I have to decline on the offer, My wife would kill me if she thought I was warming someone else’s seat except hers. Thanks for the invitation, maybe you should to talk that one over with your wifeie, about some one else warming your seat for you. You may be in trouble. LOL
Good Wraps Bob

Date: April 03, 2006 07:39PM

Well said Bill. I am sure that everyone will appreciate the effort and expense that you and the other vendors who will be displaying put into this as well. I completely agree with you about the generosity of Todd and Lamiglas. They essentially shut the whole plant down during this event. It takes a lot of effort on their part and we should also not forget that two years ago Batson Enterprises was the generous host.
You are going to bring "Lucky" along with you? It looks like the whole Columbia will be closed. Where does he think that he is going to catch the Springers? The best bet will be either the North Fork of the Lewis or the Willamette.

Date: April 03, 2006 08:20PM

Bill.....................4 hours to get here? It only takes me 2 1/2 to get to your place..........

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Date: April 03, 2006 09:47PM

Todd,
Maybe Bill drives like Bob spells.

Posted by: Tom Nair (---.ptldor.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 03, 2006 10:25PM

Will Batson and other venders still be around by sunday?

Date: April 03, 2006 11:21PM

Tom,
Yes, I think that they will but you might want to send them an e-mail to make sure.

Date: April 04, 2006 02:32AM

Emory If Bill drove like "I" spell he would be there in one hour:)
Good Wraps Bob

Date: April 04, 2006 02:46PM

I will be pulling a trailer and probably hit traffic. If you know me I always give myself extra time as not to be late or have someone expecting me there and not show up when I say I will be there. If I wasn't pulling a trailer and did not hit traffic I could make it in 2.5 hrs. I am not sure if we will be there on Sunday, it depends on the fishing.. I need a day off sometime..
Bill Batson

Date: April 04, 2006 03:37PM

Bill,
the fishing has been a day to day thing. One day not a bump, the next red hot.......... If it follows the current trend.......Sunday will be a not so hot day............. But if you have Karry with you........it will always be a hot day.

See you Friday,

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: April 04, 2006 04:28PM

Bill I say go fishing. Fishing is better than work! Even tho you enjoy your work. I know to you your work is like play. I know if you get a springer it will be work :)
Good Wraps Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster