I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Tom K . . . . problems with login
Posted by: Timothy Collins (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: March 28, 2006 03:02PM

Hi Tom, when the website changed awhile back with login added, I went throught the process and filled it in for "Tim Collins - (my password) and [email protected])". When I would try to post, I would get the error message that "the name entered is already registered, etc". So to be able to post, I would type my name but change my email address to graystroke77@yahoo.com. It worked fine.

The other day I thought I would update my registery. I used "Tim Collins - (my password), and used the [email protected]" address. I thought I saw a memo stating I would recieve an email confirmation but I didn't.

Today when I tried to post, with my yahoo.com address, it said the same "name entered is already registered" again. Then I tried to login but got the error username/password was not found or is inactive. When I tried to fill out the "forgot my password" portion, I've used both email addresses and get the same "email address cannot be found" messgae. Can you reset my status back to zero or tell me what else I need to do to fix my login? Thanks.

Tim Collins

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tom K . . . . problems with login
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 28, 2006 04:56PM

Tim,

You might get quicker help if you e-mail Tom direct.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: March 28, 2006 05:29PM

Tom Kirkman <[email protected]>

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 28, 2006 06:11PM

People tend to forget the name they used to register with and this is the reason behind 95% of all log in problems. One more reason I tell people to use the first and last name found on their drivers license. If you ever forget it, you can just take our your wallet, check your license and see who you are.

I'll delete your old registration and you can start over.

Posted by: Tim Collins (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: March 28, 2006 07:05PM

I got an email this time to validate my login procedure. And I double checked my driver's license, CCW permit, Visa, and library card - they've all got my name listed the same way I spell it!

Date: March 28, 2006 09:12PM

I made that mention for the other 20 or so folks who email me each and every day that are having trouble logging in. 95% of them are trying to log in with a name other than what they registered with.

Posted by: Rob Hale (---.ord.scnet.net)
Date: March 28, 2006 09:22PM

Yep it happened to me. I cursed this site up and down one day for a few hours before checking with Tom about my log in. Turned out I had used my middle initial in there when I first registered and then I was trying to log in with just my first and last name. It wouldn't take it. That's what I get for trying to be fancy. Drivers license name thing is a good idea! Takes the burden off aging minds trying to remember things.

Date: March 28, 2006 09:32PM

My remark about using your first and last name as it appears on your drivers license was not necessarily aimed at Tim - it is a good way to register and will save a lot of people a lot of time and frustration. That's why I mentioned it. It would save me about an hour per day from not having to go in and look up registration names for people. Seriously, that's how much time I spend nearly day redoing registrations and similar.

So I'm not poking fun nor being a smart aleck. I'm offering some good advice that will save anyone with less than a perfect memory some trouble down the road and at the same time, save me a little time too.

Tim's problem was something else. I've deleted his registration and he's set to go with a new one now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster