I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Where to go for reel modification and service information
Posted by: Dan Miller (---.sympatico.ca)
Date: March 16, 2006 03:22PM

What web sights or forums deal with reel modification and/or servicing reels? I would be most interested in conventional reels. Maybe also ways reels can be modified or tuned up regarding bearings, drags and the desire to cast further.

Also, where can I go to catch up on some of the mystery behind reel lubes and oils? I mean, what does a produce name really tell me?

Right now I use Atomic, scarlet, emulsified, irradiated, anti-turbulence, super slinger, slick snot, hottsie-shot, Weasel juice ...... but it's not really doin' the job, Boys !!!!!

Please help clear the air on this subject.

Thanks,

Dan Miller

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where to go for reel modification and service information
Posted by: Matthew Robinson (---.49.123.35.nw.nuvox.net)
Date: March 16, 2006 03:41PM

[neilmackellow.co.uk]
[www.hatterasjack.com]
[www.hatterasoutfitters.com]
[www.breakawayusa.com]

But this is a rodbuilding forum and we need to stay on topic. Do a goole search with distance casting.

Posted by: Andrew White (---.ks.ks.cox.net)
Date: March 16, 2006 05:16PM

What you are mentioning is truly the next step for a custom rod builder. Once I've made my rods as good as I possibly can, the next step is to make my baitcasters as good as they can be. This link (and its author) taught me a lot.

[super-tuning.home.mindspring.com]

Now I have reels that can truly get the best out of my custom rods, and vice versa.

Posted by: Tom Danielson (---.dtccom.net)
Date: March 16, 2006 08:13PM

[ultimatebass.com]
I also have a super tuning instruction for shimano chronarch if you need it. email me at nadmot_pierce@yahoo.com

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.clis.com)
Date: March 16, 2006 09:19PM

Don't forget ........... KEEP THE REEL GREASE "OFF" THE ROD BUILDING BENCH!!!!!!!

jAY

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2006 10:16PM

Here is a rod builder, RBO member and reelsmith
all in one!
A great guy!

john blair <[email protected]>

[bigjohnsmarine.com]

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: stan mclean (---.lndnnh.adelphia.ne)
Date: March 16, 2006 11:21PM

here is a link for the different reel oil viscosity

[www.cpinternet.com]

Posted by: Ken Driedger (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 06:14PM

The Florida surf fishing folks have a forum/message board...search gowge at your fave engine for the url. All southern American folks know what gowge is, but others may not... it's the way a suthner would say George. It got started by George Pope, and is now being run by a good friend of his.
The WMI folks also have a well-attended forum, too. (That's where the oil chart above got started from )
search webmasters international inc, then go to the bass board, and click rods and reels.
Mike Marcotte in Abbotsford, BC, has a forum where all the popular baitcasters are discussed...
search mike's reel.
Terry Lamignon in Edmonton, Alberta has one too. Search the reel doctor.
Hope this helps. Best KD

Posted by: Dan Miller (---.sympatico.ca)
Date: March 19, 2006 11:59AM

Hey Gang,

Thanks to all for the above reel information.

I stayed up all night checking it out.

Dan Miller

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster