I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Kudos to Colleen at Acid Wrap!
Posted by: Marty Martin (---.gsp.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 14, 2006 09:53AM

Colleen did a great job working through some kinks to get me components I needed to finish a rod - shipped that day and had them to me coast to coast in less than a week!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kudos to Colleen at Acid Wrap!
Posted by: John Blair (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 10:18AM

I always have found Collen and Mark great people......It is unfortunate that Mark makes her do all the work....smile......No really these guys do a great job and I use them very often. Their service and shipping policy is unbeatable. Glad they are now a sponsor on this site.

Big John
Rio Hondo, Texas
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: March 14, 2006 11:19AM

I just placed my first order. No kinks, adn it went really well. They've got a lot of products in stock, Calstar blanks, Fuji guides, several new finishes, plus "old school" finishes. I was shocked they had everything I ordered, and even though it was shipped from Cali to NY, it was here in 2 days.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 12:14PM

Can't say enough about Colleen and Mark. I've been buying from them since I stated restoring rods a year and a half ago. They have always given me good service and their shipping is second to none.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2006 12:45PM

C'mon now John! If she'd ever cut loose with some $$, she'd get more help out of me! Does Trish do YOUR books? Then you KNOW what I'm talkin' about! lol She pretty much rules with an iron fist. Been at this for 14 months now and she hasn't taken a dime out of the company for anything but more inventory.

I'm glad to say that she DOES have some help now. My Son Mike came down from Montana last month to lend a hand and has been a HUGE help. With any luck, "C&M" Custom Tackle will stand for Colleen & MIKE rather than Colleen & Mark before long!

Thank you all for the kind words. Stuff like this makes the 14 hour days easier to swallow. We've had more fun and made more friends with this business in 14 months than I have in my other business in 15 years! The best thing about this business is the people. A common thread we've found about Rod Builders is that they're GOOD PEOPLE!

Thanks again!

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2006 06:33PM

Both are Great people, Met them on @#$%& Great Dealers. they will be getting a lot of my orders

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2006 09:10PM

Ditto times 10!

I'm sorry to say I saw another seller who had what appeared to be a good buy and
was sorely disappointed!!

Should have just called or emailed Mark or Colleen! Would have been much happier
and had $50 of good product instead of what I really got! Stupid is as Stupid does!!
Got to break this @#$%& addiction of mine! LOL!!

Next time I'm in So. Cal. Colleen is mine for lunch!! A really nice lunch!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2006 09:11PM by Raymond_Adams.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 15, 2006 12:43AM

Ray,

Ditto on the @#$%& addiction. You can find good buys on there.........as long as your dealing with Colleen and Mark. Everyone else likes to make up what they loose, on the merchandise, in shipping. Bad business in my book!! List it for the price you're looking to get and give fair shipping is always a better option IMO. Not bid it out for 99 cents then jack up the shipping by 3-400%.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2006 12:50AM

Met Colleen and a few others thru @#$%& so I cant say it's all bad.
All in all I spend less and less time there dispute my inner
urges! Made some good friends and got some killer deals too!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: John Blair (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2006 01:18AM

Aren't we a lucky bunch. To have folks we know like Collen and Mark and many/most of the sponsors on this site to help keep us wrapped up in our addiction. I think Marty makes a good point, I raise cain when something is negative when in fact I should take more time to recognize great people like Collen and Mark as well as other supporters of this site. A BIG THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO GIVE US GOOD SERVICE AND MAKE OUR LIVES A LOT EASIER.

Big John
Rio Hondo, Texas
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting

Posted by: david daniels (---.farmerswireless.com)
Date: March 19, 2006 10:08PM

you'll not find 2 finer people in the world. mark and colleen are the best. they have always gotten mine and my dads orders out right away. mark has helped me on several of my rods, with problems that i was having. on top of that mark and his son mike took great care of my parents at the big show, which i unfortunately was not able to make this year. mark is not only a very good buisness man, he also has a full time job while helping colleen with the @#$%& store. on top of all that he is an established rod builder. 2 great folks doing a good buisness, and at the same time treating people right. i recomend them if you need any rod components. you won't be sorry, believe me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster