I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Show Poll
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:08AM

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Most of you know by the magazine and this website, that I'm a big fan of making things a better value for the consumer. I don't believe in taking a good horse and riding it into the ground - I prefer to take care of it and see that it can go the distance.

To that end, I'm looking at doing some thing for the Rod Builders Show that will make it a better value for everybody. I'm talking about a larger show, but one with lower booth fees for the vendors and lower admission price for the attendees.

What I don't have a good feel for, however, is how important some of the outside amenities are. For instance, how important is having a vibrant shopping area outside the actual show location? How important is having a host hotel right across the street from the show? How important is night life for after show hours? I have a great feel for the show itself, but not much feel for what you guys do after show hours. Do you just go back to a restuarant and then to your room and crash? Or do you like to go to bars and nightclubs afterhours? Do most who travel in from long distances (and this is 80% of you) drive or fly in?

If you have comments on this, please email me directly at rodmaker@earthlink.net. I may not be able to reply to everyone, but I would like to hear your thoughts. Again, don't post a reply here, just email them directly to me. Thanks.

We will have a bigger and better show in 2007. I just want to see how much bigger and better I can make it outside the acttual show experience, if that's even important.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Show Poll
Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 11, 2006 11:33PM

The only cost prohibitive thing for me was the hotel room. But I paid it because it was the host hotel. When I travel, which is seldom recenly, I usually pick out the Mom and Pop motels because of the price difference from the chain Hotel / Motels. Don't get me wrong, the Westin was great, just not what I'm used to price wise. As long as there are decent restaurants pretty close by, it's not a problem. I did overhear some conversations, while standing in line to get into the reception, from some of the ladies who said that cabfare to the mall was outrageous, $40 - $65 one way.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 02:46AM

A cab that distance is going to be pretty expensive, no matter where you're at!! That's why folks share cabs.

Mike

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 12, 2006 09:29AM

If things work out like I'm hoping, we can improve all these various situations.

Again, just email your comments to me. Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster