I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Latest on Jesse Buky
Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 06, 2006 03:45PM

Got off the phone with Wayne. He reports Jesse broke not both legs, but both hips at the sockets. Jesse has been placed in an induced coma to make him remain still as he begins to heal. Wayne reports that the reason patient affairs is not reporting him as a patient is because he is in intensive care (hospital policy ?) He thinks that Jesse is tough old goat, that he's going to alright but that it's going to take him some time to recover....

IMHO this a much more serious injury than broken legs. I pray for his full recovery.

Lou

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Latest on Jesse Buky
Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: March 06, 2006 03:53PM

YOUCH! My best to Jesse.

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: March 06, 2006 04:21PM

All of us here at Batson Enterprises are Praying for him..

Posted by: Raymond Adams (69.241.124.---)
Date: March 06, 2006 04:50PM

Thanks Lou!!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 06, 2006 05:57PM

Legs are worse due to poorer blood supply - there is no worse bonebreak in terms of "non-unions" than the femur and/or tibia. But broken hip sockets are no walk in the park. It will take Jesse a year to become functional again and it will be even longer before he would be back to anything close to normal.

At some point, when he's up and somewhat around, it would nice for some of the builders here to send him some cards and whatnot. I'll his mailing address and put it up as a "sticky" later this week.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 06, 2006 06:22PM

He's been in my prayers since Bill Batson listed about his accident, and will continue to be.

Bill in WV

Posted by: allen forsdyke (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: March 07, 2006 04:39AM

ouch double hip break is badddddd thats gonna take a lot of pain and wilpower to be able to even stand let alone walk again then there is the long term problem of arthritus etc so i cant honestly se jesse going wading again because he will be in too much pain... my sympathys are with him and his family

allen in uk

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster