I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Dale Clemens Custom Thread Art Books - New Copies
Posted by: Peter Maltby (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 05:56PM

We supply all Merrick Tackle items and are currently using their catalog, until our full online ordering system is in place. There are a lot of items in that catalog. In the meantime please give us a call, e-mail us for prices and question, or just to say hello.

Thank you. We hope to provide this fine forum with lots of good information, as well as deals and sales. Got some Clemens Custom Thread Art Books, Brand New condition if anyone is interested. Price listed is current selling price for used copies on @#$%& etc.

Kind Regards,

Peter Maltby
Managing Member
ACK Fishing & Tackle LLC

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2006 09:05PM by Peter Maltby.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Custom Thread Art for Rod Builders - Brand New Copies
Posted by: allen forsdyke (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 06:53PM

dont wish to be rude but $299 is way over the top i cant see many copies being sold when you have a forum such as this including up to date methods with people like tom kirkman jim upton and billy vivona to name just three top builders in the world. AND visualwrap is only half the price

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2006 08:18PM by Moderator.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: March 05, 2006 06:54PM

Thanks for finding some copies of this book for us, but the VisualWrap program seems like a much better deal. With the program, tutorials, pictures and forums it's pretty incredible.

Date: March 05, 2006 07:18PM

Makes sense. No interest in the Thread Art Books here.

Thanks, Pete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2006 08:55PM by Peter Maltby.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nas32.newark2.nj.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 08:27PM

You are not going to win any points with prices like that. Several on the left may have it for 30 or so ??

Date: March 05, 2006 09:10PM

Probably not. Selling them for $149.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2006 09:51PM by Peter Maltby.

Re: Hi, New to the forum
Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 09:13PM

There are several wrapping resources available these days for minimal costs - some are entirely free of cost.

As mentioned VisualWRAP seems good (just got it last weekend & like it). Billy Vivona's booklet is quite good; several other small thread art booklets are available from sponsors to the left as well as. Also, check all the rodbulding/fishing web sites you can find. There's some very useful information available out there.

I have CRTA, but would never pay the prices I've seen quoted in recent months!

Re: Dale Clemens Custom Thread Art Books - New Copies
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 05, 2006 09:14PM

Somebody will want them, but probably not at that price. You will sell them, hang on a few days and see what turns up.

Date: March 05, 2006 09:16PM

If anyone has any brand new copies on the left for $30, I will be happy to buy them. The book sells for +$150 on @#$%&. Guess this is not the correct venue. Sorry.

Got the point

Posted by: Brad Young (---.dhcp.kgpt.tn.charter.com)
Date: March 05, 2006 09:30PM

I looked it up on @#$%& and the used books are going for 19.95- to 40.00.

Date: March 05, 2006 09:33PM

Ok, ok I've got the point. Sorry I even mentioned it. This is just not the place for them. I'll move on.

Our company mission regarding rod building components and supplies ( Not Thread Art Books) is to be a 1 stop retail shop for everything retail customers need to build custom rods. 99% fill rate, no holes in your orders and superior customer service. We've done this successfully with our rod and reel side of the business for a number of years now. Top ratings in all venues we sell in including the main store itself. 5 Star Yahoo store.

With the resouces of Merrick behind us (their extensive, unique and hard to find items) we can fill orders quickly and completely. Before joining the forum, we have already been doing this.

So, if you can put aside the Clemens book then we can get to business on what we are really all here for.

Thanks,

Pete
www.ackfishing.com

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 05, 2006 09:38PM

Well said.

Date: March 05, 2006 09:41PM

Well, I have been given bad information then. Can we please just drop the subject.

I didn't join to argue over what the price of what a book should be. I want to build rods and sell rod componenets.

Thank you all for your input on the book.

If you need rod components, blanks, rod building supplies, that's what we are here for. E-mail, or give us a call. We will be happy to work with you. Call us and compare our prices, service and see if we have what you need in stock. Then I can prove what we do best. Take you order, charge a fair price (which you can compare to others), actually fill the order with in stock inventory (of course some items are special order), and if ordered by 1pm EST have the order shipped the same day. For the most part you should be able to get everything you need from one place (ACK)and not have to visit 4 different shops.

Thanks,

Pete

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2006 10:06PM by Peter Maltby.

Posted by: Anonymous User (211.27.189.---)
Date: March 06, 2006 12:26AM

Hey Pete,

Welcome aboard,
They will sell, I just sold a spare copy I had down here for $210.00 AUD without a cover, so if someone wants it they will pay for it. I'm sure a brand new copy of one of Masters books would not sell for stand price now days.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: March 06, 2006 08:18AM

I can't even make a post on this topic.

Date: March 06, 2006 08:39AM

Anyone with any serious interest in the Dale Clemens Custom Thread Art Book, please e-mail me to discuss price and purchasing it.

Please no e-mails simply to comment like some of the posts above.

Thanks, Pete

Date: March 07, 2006 10:37PM

Well, to my surprise, I've gotten requests to put the link back to the Clemens book. Just click on my sponsor link. You will find it. It's a collector's item, and priced as such. You know like antiques, baseball cards. Apparently some would like to hand the book down to their children, and know that as copies become more limited, the value only goes up.

For those practical folk, I've been in touch with David Boyle at VisualWRAP (a sponsor also). Have that in stock, and is going up for online ordering shortly. Nice piece of software. Also, clearly there are plenty of other sources for information on thread art. You don't need the Clemens book. It's just part of history. Watch the ACK site evolve, call us,nothing is outdated here. We've got some of the newest most interesting components available. Ashwood Butts, colored Fuji Reel seats, Moosekin in color. Yes, in stock for real. Need a Reel, some Power Pro line, Mustad Hooks (any model, size shape can be obtained that they currently make for the US market in 7-10 days, if not a stock item) Just let us know what you need. With over 50,000 NON-Rod building SKUs available to us from the largest fishing tackle wholesaler in the world, plus a completely stocked inventory of Rod Building Supplies and Components available to ship daily from the finest and largest wholesale components wholesaler, it's truely one stop shopping for retail customers. Call us toll free at 866-285-0673. You will be able to speak to a live person. Our paper catalog in currently in process. Sorry, we began on the net, this is what we know best, so it came first. Got the whole SEO thing figured out and now onto a paper catalog. Putting together a paper catalog will be interesting, but there will be one, nice and complete. We are not going to cut corners on it, so please be patient. Want to know more about us? Do some Google and Yahoo searches for ACK Fishing & Tackle. Try a Google search for Tica Reels. We are all over the place for reels, rods, etc. Now for our favorite part we've been itching to add since we did our learning with reels and other tackle. A top notch site and place for retail customers to obtain the rod building supplies they need from a single source all in one box delivered together. We will answer your calls and answer your e-mail. We are a little lite on the number of phone lines coming in at the moment, so if you get voicemail, leave a quick message. We will call you right back. Our phone # is toll free 866-285-0673, we even have a London number for customers in the UK. Call and talk to us, it won't cost you a dime. Can't hurt to try, we're paying the telephone bill.

Here's to Rod Building and the pleasure it brings to our lives!

Peter Maltby
Managing Member
ACK Fishing & Tackle LLC
A Subsidiary of Troutbrook Holdings LLC
Toll Free 866-285-0673
www.ackfishing.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster