I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Five Rivers Signature V blanks
Posted by: Dan L Craft (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: March 03, 2006 10:30PM

Recently, it has come to my attention that there has been a bit of talk about the possible demise of the Signature V blank line.
We have thought long and hard about what to do after the gentleman who owned the rights to a certain patent we used in the makup of these blanks sold his patent rights to another company.
In a nutshell, we were told we could sell off the stock of Signature V 3pc blanks we have on hand that use that patent in their makup but must change the design (be it ever so slightly) on any future Signature V blanks to conform with this regulation.
Honestly, I considered dropping the Signature V blanks all together but decided to ask our new business associates to make up some samples of possible 4pc Signature V blanks using similar specs and the same materials. I received some of those samples yesterday and I was very excited! The 4pc samples are very sweet with characteristics so close to the old Signature Vs I immediately put into the works plans for a complete line of 4pc Sig V blanks!
When the new blanks come out in 6 weeks or so, we will be offering an 8'6" 3/4wt that will be very similar to the old 8'4". There will now be 9'0" 4 and 5wts and the 6wt will be a9'6". For now, we will continue with 3pc models in 7, 8, 9, and 10wts as we have a large stock on hand.
These blanks will continue to be 60 million modulus with very sender tapers. The tip tops will be slightly finer than the old models and the butts should fall around .360 or smaller. We will continue to offer waterslide labels for this series and the finish will be clear gloss.
I hope everyone else is as excited as we are about these new models and would be glad to hear your input.
Thanks,

Dan Craft
Dan Craft Enterprises
Five Rivers Rod Blanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Five Rivers Signature V blanks
Posted by: scott.bearden (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 03, 2006 11:39PM

Well then I think I may be giving you a call in a few weeks. I could use a 5 weight and was eyeballing your sig V's

Posted by: Rob Grider (---.client.insightBB.com)
Date: March 04, 2006 12:19AM

I know the three piece has always been the bastard child of the fly rod industry but man, no more 8' 9" 4 wt 3 piece Sig V, I think I'm going to cry :)

Posted by: Patrick Heintz (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2006 03:57PM

Dan, as you know because I keep pestering you, I will still be on the lookout for one of those 8'9" 4 wt. 3pc blanks in the spiral finish. Since I only fish local waters, nothing, to me, is more overrated and frustrating then the emphasis on 4,5, and 6 piece blanks. I leave my 4 piece rods in 2 sections to expedite assembly when I get where I'm going. Three ferrules can't possibly be better than two or one. Given any thought to a 2pc Sig V line?

Posted by: Keith Tymchuk (---.sea.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 04, 2006 06:30PM

Good news Dan.

I'm sure they will be as well loved as the old Sig. V's.....

But I'm not giving up my 8'4 4 wt!

Let's fish!

Keith

Posted by: Dan L Craft (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: March 04, 2006 06:31PM

Pat,

We are planning to bring out more 2pc models in the Signature III blanks as we can. These have slightly softer actions to the Sig V blanks.
Thanks,

Dan Craft
Dan Craft Enterprises
Five Rivers Rod Blanks

Posted by: Keith Tymchuk (---.sea.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 04, 2006 06:32PM

Oh...Dan,

Did my order get to you the other day?

Keith

Posted by: Tony Dowson (24.70.165.---)
Date: March 05, 2006 01:29AM

I'm very sad to hear of the demise of the 3pc 8ft4 3/4 and 8ft9 4wt SIG V's,but the new blanks sound great!

I love the idea of slightly thinner tip sections,and reletively thin diameter butt sections(it makes choosing a seat a lot easier than with the FT's),and I've always been wanting to see a 9ft6 6wt SIG V!

Posted by: Denis Labrecque (---.bp.com)
Date: March 05, 2006 02:41AM

9'6" 6wt Sig V... I like the sound of that ALOT!!!! I'll be watching for more information. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted by: Marc Forrest (66.241.88.---)
Date: March 05, 2006 10:02PM

"Given any thought to a 2pc Sig V line?"

great idea!

please do think about it Dan...

marc

Posted by: Steve Wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: March 08, 2006 06:34PM

The 3 piece is sure a great configuration. My favorite rod is the 8'9" spiral finish 4wt, what a sweet rod. I would love to make a corresponding 6wt but alas it's not going to be.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster