I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Back home!
Posted by: Andy Dear (---.231.14.201.Dial1.Houston1.Level3.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 02:45PM

Well,
Emily and I rolled into town last night around 9:30pm. Needless to say after 2600 miles of driving in less than a week, we were ready to be home!
Just let me say, that I am so thankful to all of you....not just those who attended but those who didn't as well for putting Lamar where it is today. We had an unbelievable show, both professionally and personall, and all of that is because of you guys.
I'd like to point out a few things that I think deserve mention;

CTS....unbelievable product, unbelievable people. I spent 3 days with Stephen and his wife Galeen who came all the way from New Zealand for this show, and let me tell you, this youg man is re-defining the design and manf. of rod blanks. We are so proud to be involved with these folks, and I know that those of you who visited his booth will agree what an extradorinary product the CTS blanks are. Truly exponentially better than anything else on the market. We are currently expanding our inventory of CTS blanks at the moment, and are also re-vamping the catolog to better suit the American Market. Stay tuned for huge things from Lamar and CTS.

FishStix-4-U Although I had never spoken with Robert or Ray previously, I had the pleasure of speaking with Ray on Sunday. What an honorable guy with a ton of integrity. No wonder so many of you enjoy doing business with them.

Of course Tom deserves mention again for all his hard work and dedication, but most of all it is all of you the consumer who deserve the credit for making this show what it is. Every bit of revenue you spent in the Lamar booth goes back in to developing and improving products for the rodbuilding industry.

Again, thank you so much for the business.

Regards,

Andy Dear
www.lamarfishing.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Back home!
Posted by: Ed Kindervater (---.co.chesterfield.va.us)
Date: March 01, 2006 03:12PM

Glad to hear you made it home. It was a pleasure to meet and talk with you. I am looking forward to doing more business with you and am looking forward to the surf blanks that we were talking about.

Ed

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 01, 2006 03:31PM

You better pick up some more trash cans for next year!!! I'm still trying to explain to my wife exactly why I needed 40 more blanks!!
You are right about those CTS blanks. Awesome. Can't wait to build them.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Jim Benenson (164.64.146.---)
Date: March 01, 2006 04:49PM

Well Andy, I'm back home too.

As I said in another post, it was great not only to meet with you, but to talk with you at length about products and techniques. Your display and personal attention were both great, and I want to especially thank you for introducing me to your next door neighbor, CTS. The unique manufacturing process makes their blanks substantially different from the others on the market, which I'm confident will show up in the performance of the finished rod. When I coat the guides with the ThreadMaster finish that I bought from you, the combination will be unbeatable for sure. ;^)

See you online and at the next show I'm able to attend.

Jim Benenson
Stonefly Custom Fly Rods
Santa Fe NM USA

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: March 01, 2006 05:12PM

You guys wasted time talking with Andy...when you could have been chit chatting with Emily & Jenny? Now that's a great salesman, lol!! The entire Lamar crew was really cool, I walk into the show, and I've got myself a tee shirt already. Emily is just the nicest person, great to meet her and enjoy quite a few laughs the entire show. I wish I knew Jenny played basketball at a school up in NY. I would have loved to share a few more stories with her, and hear some of hers.

Saniatation Man. lol.

Posted by: John Dow (---.245.155.180.Dial1.Stamford1.Level3.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 05:34PM

Billy's right , the girls were more pleasing to the eye than Andy ! ............. and that halitosis.........LOL (only kidding .....you know what I'm talkin' about ya' all') I must say it was a great pleasure to meet you and Emily , it was great to shake your hand after I've given you sooo much $$ over the years from me . LOL.
One of my missions at the show was to meet and talk with all of the great people that I've chatted with on the phone and e-mail over the past years .I'm so glad to have met everyone down there .....finaly
Glad you got home safe. John

Got Fish ?

Posted by: Sean Endres (---.37.157.246.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 05:42PM

Glad you made it home safely!! It was a pleasure meeting Emily and yourself . I also spoke with Stephen about the CTS blanks, very impressive!! Looking forward to fishing some of these blanks in the future. And that was one heck of a mob scene at your booth Saturday morning!!!

Sean Endres
North East Rod Builders
New London, CT

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.231.14.28.Dial1.Houston1.Level3.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 06:59PM

John,
It's a good thing I quit drinking several years ago....I suspect that you and I could leave a serious trail of collateral damage in our path after a few rounds.

Andy Dear
www.lamarfishing.com

Posted by: John Dow (---.245.167.231.Dial1.Stamford1.Level3.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 09:26PM

You bet , I don't drink anymore myself either, but I can still hang with the big dawgs .........ya'all'

Got Fish ?

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 01, 2006 10:00PM

It was great to meet you and Emily and attatch your name to a face and a personality. Thanks for the rummage through the dusty surf rod box before the show, and your help with the global rod project.

My biggest regret of the whole weekend was not picking up one of the 7'6" white CTS inshore blanks that Stephen had on hand. Its still bugging me.

Mike

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.231.14.36.Dial1.Houston1.Level3.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 10:44PM

I've got'em all here in house and ready to ship if you change your mind.

Andy Dear
www.lamarfishing.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster